Are you afraid of death? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
++ [ originally posted by [LAC] ] ++
yeah i did experience it and its the epitome of helplessness. you cant sit down and come to an agreement with it. you cant punch it, or push it away- and no amount of physical, or mental struggle can save you. that feeling itself hurt more than the actual lack of oxygen. oh why dont i have gills.....
Oh yeah like that then. I understand that.

kicked it out eh? was he a midget or were you well-versed in martial arts?
My dad knows karate - he insisted on learning my bro and me a couple of standard moves. Either how, I don't think I actually kicked it out of his hand but he diverted and I had a window of opportunity to run away. Beginner's luck I guess :D

Buy on AliExpress.com

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002
haha. if your interested though look into krav maga- im going to start it sometime soon. its aimed at street-situations involving hand-to-hand, blades, firearms, single and multiple-opponents, and is relatively easy to master

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
It doesn't sound easy at all :undecide: Either way - I've already mastered the best technique imaginable: look around you and in case of emerging danger, whistle for a taxi ;)

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002
ah....i cant help you then. i can sit back and laugh at your rather absurd kind of misfortune, but somehow i dont think that would be of too much assistance

will it?(just checking)

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002
but what can i say, at least you europeans are a lot more fit than us yanks.

hows that for consolation? i mean someone like me would give up the moment i see a blade. id be too lazy to lift my leg to kick him.

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
Hey Erik, that was a good question, however I think you should actually ask it to religious people not non-religious. Cos the latter believe there is no life after death so they should be more scared than the religious people who believe that when we die there is another life so it's all cool.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
haha. if your interested though look into krav maga- im going to start it sometime soon. its aimed at street-situations involving hand-to-hand, blades, firearms, single and multiple-opponents, and is relatively easy to master
Hapkido is also a very good defensive art, which utilises your opponent's technique. There's no acrobatic kicks or punches, but my (girl) friend who does it can defend herself against pretty much any kind of attack, be it with a weapon or whatever. You can also try to grab and hold her in any manner and you'll somehow end up on the floor :scared:

juvetrainer

May 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by -Z- ] ++
Anyways, the point of this is that living in fear your whole life is not the way to go.
what i mean is if u wanna do something bad, remember death,remember u'll get the punishment much later, so u'll think twice before u do that bad thing.

juvetrainer

May 22, 2003
well to me- the feeling of suffocation in water is horrid. i love the water, but id rather die of a gunshot wound, something quick and painless rather than a knife or water.
u prefer gunshot wound?
what if u got shot and u dont die. u must feel the pain

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++
Hapkido is also a very good defensive art, which utilises your opponent's technique. There's no acrobatic kicks or punches, but my (girl) friend who does it can defend herself against pretty much any kind of attack, be it with a weapon or whatever. You can also try to grab and hold her in any manner and you'll somehow end up on the floor :scared:
As long as she ends up on top of you, it sounds like a good deal...:LOL:

sorry, but that was just too easy.

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
++ [ originally posted by Zizou ] ++
Hey Erik, that was a good question, however I think you should actually ask it to religious people not non-religious. Cos the latter believe there is no life after death so they should be more scared than the religious people who believe that when we die there is another life so it's all cool.
Evidently no - I already know the answer of religious people. They fear the judgement they receive and a possible one-way ticket to Hell.

But I've never heard a decent answer from a non-religious person so if anyone cares to answer it I'd really appreciate it!

gray

Apr 22, 2003
girls with talent are secksie how long has she been on it? ever used it on you?
Umm she's been at it for some time, she's 1st dan which is about all i know. She hasn't used it on me in a cold turkey situation, just when i ask her how she'd react in a particular situation

++ [ originally posted by Rickenbacker ] ++

As long as she ends up on top of you, it sounds like a good deal...:LOL:

sorry, but that was just too easy.
Indeed it was too easy :)

Mermaidah

May 18, 2003
++ [ originally posted by AnnA ] ++
Death...... I am so so so scared of it!!!!

Specially now when I have some reasons to begin to prepare for death of one of the persons I love more that anything...
But ok... What do you think???
I just can`t imagine that, one day, I will die, and that people will come to MY funeral... It seems sooo far away, so incredible!!!
I'm afraid of death too...my death, and the people I love, for sure...

We all don't want to die, regardless we're afraid of death or not, although sometimes we wish we're dead...*in some situations*

But what scares me is when someone I really love die...I think I won't be able to live...that's why I wish I die before any of my beloved ones die...

But I'm scared of what will happen after death...!!! That's really a BIG question mark in my head.....

Trezeguet_FC

Mar 26, 2003
Here's is a quote from the Holy Scriptures of my religion, The Baha'i Faith:

"And now concerning thy question regarding the soul of man and its survival after death. Know thou of a truth that the soul, after its seperation from the body, will continue to progress until it attaineth the presence of God, in a state and condition which niether the revolution of ages and centuries, nor the changes and chances of this world, can alter. It will edure as long as the Kingdom of God, His soveriegnty, His dominion and power will endure. It will manifest the sings of God and His attributes, and will reveal His loving-kindness and bounty."
- Baha'u'llah

There is nothing to be afraid of. Life after death is God's gift to humankind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)