Are you afraid of death? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AnnA

May 14, 2003
Death...... I am so so so scared of it!!!!

Specially now when I have some reasons to begin to prepare for death of one of the persons I love more that anything...
But ok... What do you think???
I just can`t imagine that, one day, I will die, and that people will come to MY funeral... It seems sooo far away, so incredible!!!

Buy on AliExpress.com

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
I'm not sure. When I was a kid I used to cry and scream that I didnt want to die, but as I grew up I accepted it as something thats bound to happen one day or the other. I dont see life for something that it's not, more specifically, I dont believe there's some meaning to life, that the have our destiny, etc. so I'm not to bothered about death. Of course I dont want to die, but I'm not so sure I'm very much afraid of it.

The only certanties in life are death and taxes ;)

OP
AnnA

AnnA

May 14, 2003
  • Thread Starter #4
    Actually I dunno, I am not so so much afraid of MY death, but I am afraid of my parents death.... I don`t wanna them to die!!!!!
    I am scared that I will kill myself when they die!

Lilianna

Apr 3, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by AnnA ] ++
    Death...... I am so so so scared of it!!!!

Specially now when I have some reasons to begin to prepare for death of one of the persons I love more that anything...
    But ok... What do you think???
    I just can`t imagine that, one day, I will die, and that people will come to MY funeral... It seems sooo far away, so incredible!!!
    death fascinates me......

i would like to die to see how is it gonna feel....

funerals...death.....waw!!!!!!!!!

vitoria_Ally

Jul 14, 2002
    I'm not afraid of death.
    Cause when I die, I even wont have that consciousness that I died. I wont know that I died.

Maybe I'm afraid of dying in some special circumstances: eg when I would be drowing or suffocating: that's my biggest fears in life btw: drow or suffocate.

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
    I'm not scared of death, but I don't want to die ;)

Thing is, when we die we shall finally know if all the religions we have been following did actually tell us the truth or if they were just there to keepe us sane and not scared of death.

However, if there is nothing after death, then we won`t be able to complain as we will be dead :D

NEDVED

Nov 16, 2003
    ya anna ur afraid of ur parents death because u will feel sad about them, but when u die, u wont feel sad about urself

Lilianna

Apr 3, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by vitoria_Ally ] ++
    I'm not afraid of death.
    Cause when I die, I even wont have that consciousness that I died. I wont know that I died.

Maybe I'm afraid of dying in some special circumstances: eg when I would be drowing or suffocating: that's my biggest fears in life btw: drow or suffocate.
    that's my bigest fear too:down::down:

OP
    AnnA

AnnA

May 14, 2003
  • Thread Starter #10
    Mine three. :down:

Know what? I think that, when a person is very very ill, death is the best way to stop suffering. That happened to my grandfather, and I am glad that he didn`t suffer longer.

Torkel

f(s+1)=3((s +1)-1=3s
    Jul 12, 2002
    I do not fear death at all. When death comes, it is the end (most likely), and that's what "saves" it from being brutally unpleaseant.

I can fear going to the dentist, as he might drill my death and cause me pain. I can't fear death and the end of life as we know it, as I it won't be painfull, cause I am dead.

The real pain would come if I was to find out that I was gonna die early, as you would know that you don't have much time, and you would spend the time you had left being sad.

Sid

Nov 10, 2003
    Everyone will die eventually, it's the way of life, one died, one birth, it's like giving chances for the new birth to see this world

:angel:

juvetrainer

May 22, 2003
    there's a life after death and that life is better than now. dont need to be afraid but also good if you r afraid of death. that will remind you that someday, you will be dead too.

Sep 28, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Zizou ] ++
    I'm not scared of death, but I don't want to die ;)

Thing is, when we die we shall finally know if all the religions we have been following did actually tell us the truth or if they were just there to keepe us sane and not scared of death.

However, if there is nothing after death, then we won`t be able to complain as we will be dead :D
    the post i agree most. we will see if religions are true. but ****, i dont want to die. i dont want to be 120 yr old grandpa that is load to his kids and stuff. no, i want to live a normal lifa, maybe a bit crazier, but i dont want to die being younf. there's too much thins i must see. juve i cl final this year and many other after that, great career, loads of radiohead gigs, ****, even myself blaying bass in world class band. i want to get the maximum out of life. if i die before that then i'm gonna be pissed. yes, i am affraid of it. i wanna die in peace and with a feeling that i have achieved everything i could. after all there's no big difference between "i am affraid of death" and "i do not want to die"

Sep 28, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by juvetrainer ] ++
    there's a life after death and that life is better than now. dont need to be afraid but also good if you r afraid of death. that will remind you that someday, you will be dead too.
    IF there is life after death, who said it's gonna be better. maybe you'll go to ****ing hell. maybe you had some relationship with a girl that sends you straight to hell.
    no, death ios ****ed up.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
    Its not something you really think about. Death is a part of life. And you come to accept it without thinking too much about it. Why would ne1 want t ospoil their present thinking about smthg way into the future?!?!

Ivy

Jul 16, 2003
    why suddenly the rise of "life and death" threads? :confused:

Well, for me...

-I'm not afraid of death.

-But like Paranoia, i fear the process of dying and also i wuold fear pain.

-If you could snap me out of life just like that! I would not be afraid.

-I don't believe in life after death. unless you mean that the bugs that eat my body will breed and make more new bugs... then yes :D

Bottom line

- Death IS a certainty. It's gonna happen... you're not goning to change that. You can't even know or change the way you die. You can do absolutly nothing abt it.

...... so...... no use being afraid. There's nothing you can do. Instaed..... what you CAN do ........ is make your life as enjoyable and as fulfilling as you would like it to be. What do you want? What ambitions do you have? Just go out there and chase them. Wether you acheive them or not is another matter... but.... just do it.

Story

- A friend's friend went to the hospital 1 day. She is about 24-28 yrs old.

She was told that she had a brain cancer and 1yr to live.

What do you do? when you know that you will cease to exist at this time next yr?

Me

- I don't know what the girl in my story above will do. I don't knoiw her personally. She's a friend's friend. I just heard this story.

- But it hitnk to myself if i were her. My main issue would be to get the ones around me to not be so upset.

-Myself, i won't be upset i'd try to do what i said in my "bottom line" do whatever i had ever wished for while i am still concious... all the things i wanted to try.... i would... go paragliding... ... then i would go to Italy...Turin.. Della Alpi...... then i'd go to Spain.... then probably some other stuff i really want to do...lastly i would go to some country with really nice peacefull countryside (all this with the 1 or 2 people closet to me) then i would come home.

Then probaly i'd degrade.... slowyly loose my personanity... my grip on reality...... .... ....... then i yr would be over.

-I would never feel sad for myself..... my only saddness would be abt the people i love.

My belief

-No one can make you happy..... angry....... sad..... only you can chose to let yourself feel this way. So if you choose to be happy.... and never to be angry or sad....... no one can stop you

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)