Are Juve Throwing Away Their Youth? (1 Viewer)

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
I'm down. But I won't neg rep if the article is rather funny. Like Ronaldinho to Fulham, no I'm lying. I'd neg rep the shit out of that.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
We are bringing back Giovinco, De Ceglie and Marchisio, three good oung players and giving them the chance to sign.
Absolutely. I think the article is lacking any grounds whatsoever.

Compared to the Juve of old, the story with Giovinco, De Ceglie and Marchisio almost makes us a farm club by comparison.

We can't afford fielding 11 Molinaros out there. Our youth system may be great, but it is just that. Most adult talent you have to seek elsewhere.

Gill_juve

May 29, 2006
the thing is, they keep using the same examples: palladino, nocerino and criscito. and the fact is that these reporters or writers dont watch every game like we do and realise what these players really are worth. for a whole year we watched nocerino pussyfoot around the pitch and hes not even that 'young'.

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
Here is another one from Channel 4:

Young blood

President Giovanni Cobolli Gigli has a dream. In all honesty, he has many dreams. From Juventus pipping Inter in a Scudetto dash to the Bianconeri winning the Champions League in Rome after their recent exodus from the competition. But a recurring one, as he’s reminded us on numerous occasions since his appointment two years ago, is to build a competitive side which includes talented young Italians.

It’s an honourable and popular objective, a philosophy which brings back memories of the late 1970s and early ‘80s when a predominantly Italian Juve side – enforced due to foreigner restrictions – took on the world and, in most cases, succeeded. It was no coincidence that six of the Azzurri who started the 1982 World Cup Final against West Germany spoke Juventino.

Yet, as John Hancock Field once remarked: "All worthwhile men have good thoughts, good ideas and good intentions, but precious few of them ever translate those into action." The reality is that Juventus, even this side which is still in its infancy after Calciopoli, doesn’t have the time to wait for promising youngsters to turn into the champions which are needed to compete at the highest level.

Looking for proof of that last statement? Ask Domenico Criscito who was prematurely thrown into the starting XI last term, crumbled under the spotlight and sent back to Genoa in January. Then we have Antonio Nocerino, a player of real promise, who will be performing for Palermo next season after he was sold in the deal which took Amauri north. Surely he deserved another Turin campaign to prove himself? And don’t forget Raffaele Palladino, who is on the verge of joining Genoa. They were said to be the Juventus of the future…

At the present time, the outfit’s much-touted youth policy functions within the same kind of parameters as it did under the Triade. For the most part, boys are nurtured and then subsequently forfeited in the transfer market. The majority are nothing more than a pawn on a chessboard looking to gain its eighth rank in order to be promoted, but usually sacrificed for a more important piece.

With that in mind, Juventus fans should be slightly apprehensive of what the new season will bring for Sebastian Giovinco, Claudio Marchisio and Paolo De Ceglie. All three will meet up with their teammates on Friday after being recalled to Turin, but the trio will be aware that they may have to put in a Giorgio Chiellini-type season to make sure they’re still part of the same squad 12 months down the line – otherwise, it could be checkmate to their Juve dreams.

By Antonio Labbate

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
This one is more on point in parts because the overall message is good ( I sympathize with Criscito), except he is totally off with Nocerino, who played 35 games, while was useful in parts, was mostly so poor he does not deserve a second chance at all.

What was more on point though, was the comment response that article got from some dude, it is under the article (check the link below, under the article). The article is too naive and unrealistic (not taking the simple fact this is how top level football functions, high demands, make or break).

And the fact that it does not put enough responsibility on these youngsters so to speak, totally disregarding when they arent good enough. They arent kids either, a 23 and 24 year old who isnt good enough, is simple not a good thing. Isnt no little kid that will suddenly bloom out, but should prove himself right now.

http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/blogs/al44.html

nicogood

Jul 10, 2008
the thing is, they keep using the same examples: palladino, nocerino and criscito. and the fact is that these reporters or writers dont watch every game like we do and realise what these players really are worth. for a whole year we watched nocerino pussyfoot around the pitch and hes not even that 'young'.
you watch every juve from london? how?

im from london too (twickenham)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)