Arabic Football (12 Viewers)

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Fliakis ] ++

come again? why the hell not?
Like Moe said, they don't speak Arabic. Ever heard of a language called Farsi?

Some of them might even get a bit offended by calling them that :D. They even hate it when people use "Arabian Gulf" instead of "Persian Gulf." I read somewhere that the National Geographic magazine used "Persian Gulf" but also put "Arabian Gulf" in parenthasis after that, so Iran banned the magazine there. :D

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Darin ] ++
am so sad we lost :(
Sorry Darin!! :down: Hard luck!

Before the cup even started, I predicted that Oman'll win. They deserve it for the progress that they've made in the past few years. Don't worry, the teams is still relatively young I think. The future looks bright.

Congratulations to Qatar!

Dr-Juve

Mar 11, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Darin ] ++
am so sad we lost :(
Shouldn’t be
Oman is the best team in the tourn.
Bahrain was the second best
but when u talk about Qatar team i think u better say african-Palastinian team cause what I have noticed that there were 4 Qatari players and the rest were from Africa for example the goal keeper (Mohammed Saqer),Naser Kamel, Said Basheer, Abdulla Koni and few palastenians like wesam rezq, yaser mohammadi, so its a great job to take the second place after an african-palastenian highly selective players
By the way all of the foreigners players got the Qatarai nationality over the last 3 years, they are importing players just like tuna cans

juvelover

Jul 13, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Dr-Juve ] ++

Shouldn’t be
Oman is the best team in the tourn.
Bahrain was the second best
but when u talk about Qatar team i think u better say african-Palastinian team cause what I have noticed that there were 4 Qatari players and the rest were from Africa for example the goal keeper (Mohammed Saqer),Naser Kamel, Said Basheer, Abdulla Koni and few palastenians like wesam rezq, yaser mohammadi, so its a great job to take the second place after an african-palastenian highly selective players
By the way all of the foreigners players got the Qatarai nationality over the last 3 years, they are importing players just like tuna cans
they have many players from abroad , it's fair for them , all teams knew about it earlier so it's irrelevant ,,, Oman lost that game by luck and only luck stopped them from wining and frankly because they don't have the wining experience like Saudi arabia and kuwait they can win without giving thier best , unlike Oman giving it all and yet lost the final

Dr-Juve

Mar 11, 2004
++ [ originally posted by juvelover ] ++

they have many players from abroad , it's fair for them , all teams knew about it earlier so it's irrelevant ,,, Oman lost that game by luck and only luck stopped them from wining and frankly because they don't have the wining experience like Saudi arabia and kuwait they can win without giving thier best , unlike Oman giving it all and yet lost the final
u didnt get the point dear
Qatar doesnt deserve the title
thats what i mean

Rami

The Linuxologist
Dec 24, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Majed ] ++

Like Moe said, they don't speak Arabic. Ever heard of a language called Farsi?

Some of them might even get a bit offended by calling them that :D. They even hate it when people use "Arabian Gulf" instead of "Persian Gulf." I read somewhere that the National Geographic magazine used "Persian Gulf" but also put "Arabian Gulf" in parenthasis after that, so Iran banned the magazine there. :D
Actually Iran has threatened not to participate in the next Asian Olympics Games (asyad) that is scheduled to be in Qatar if the Qatari's use arabic gulf instead of persian!!

IMO it should be persian historically it was never was called arab gulf...we have our own body of water...the arabian sea

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
++ [ originally posted by zambrota19 ] ++

Actually Iran has threatened not to participate in the next Asian Olympics Games (asyad) that is scheduled to be in Qatar if the Qatari's use arabic gulf instead of persian!!

IMO it should be persian historically it was never was called arab gulf...we have our own body of water...the arabian sea
IMO:

1. Iran are over-reacting.
2. Technically, it can be either/both since it's surrounded by Arabians and Persians shores.

Gandalf

Jul 28, 2003
yes, iran is over-reacting.. but, historically.. it was called the persian gulf before the arabs was one nations..

as about me.. I don't care about it.. as a muslim..I think we should not care about these semi-racist things..

juvelover

Jul 13, 2002
iran ,, it's a big joke to include these things in sports especially historical names , what about greece claiming that they own half of the earth !! or Great britian for example ,,,, we have the right to say arabic and they have the right to say persian ,, end of the story !!!

Freddy

Feb 1, 2004
++ [ originally posted by nosubstitute959 ] ++
Ahly continues to set a world record of consecutive league wins with the win today against Mansoura.

It's 16 out of 16 so far. :cool:
yeah....:cool:

1-0 against Mansoura....scored by Abu Treika

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
++ [ originally posted by juvelover ] ++
iran ,, it's a big joke to include these things in sports especially historical names , what about greece claiming that they own half of the earth !! or Great britian for example ,,,, we have the right to say arabic and they have the right to say persian ,, end of the story !!!

nah!You don't have the right.it's Persian Gulf and will be Persian Gulf forever.You know Bahrain was a part of Iran many years ago,so have we the right to call it Iran or sth like it?

Gandalf

Jul 28, 2003
I haven't been here for a while.. how are you all doing..

about Al Ahli.. and their NEW RECORD.. congrats nosub.. I, as a semi-zamalik-fan, give up.. you show no signs of losing..

except in the cup.. :D

Jul 19, 2003
Thanks Moe. :)

I tell you man...if we had pre-injury Belal in our front line, we'd win every game by at least a 3 goal margin. It's always the case that our forwards waste about a dozen chances every match and the matchwinners always come from midfielders. But we'll manage. :cool:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 12)