Appiah is not that bad (1 Viewer)

Dec 26, 2004
Brescia in Juventus talks over Appiah
tribalfootball.com - January 26, 2005

Brescia are in talks with Juventus over midfielder Stephen Appiah.

The Ghana international is also the subject of interest from Atletico Madrid, but would prefer to remain in Italy.

Juve coach Fabio Capello is prepared to release Appiah, particularly with Alessio Tacchinardi likely to stay beyond this month's transfer market.

Brescia are keen to sign Appiah on-loan to the end of this season

Buy on AliExpress.com

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
hm tribal football reports crap 90% of the time, but to prove that this article is true this time, I have support.

Tudor’s club teammate Stephen Appiah is also a wanted man before the January transfer window closes.

Brescia have asked Juve to loan them the midfielder for the rest of the season as they look to escape relegation.

The Ghanaian, who already played for the Rigamonti outfit during the 2002-03 campaign, is likely to remain in Turin though.

source: http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/jan26c.html

Codino

The Rival
Jul 21, 2002
oh! thats good news. i dont wanna see brescia go down. Appiah had a great season with them, thats definatly what he needs. first team footy.

arc

Mar 11, 2004
last chance for him, if he still play like sh!t, makin mistakes and hed better has his stuffs packed up

Mr. Gol

Sep 15, 2004
Well in the end Appiah didn't go anywhere during the transfer window. Expect him to be loaned to a club like Bologna/Siena/Brescia/Reggina/Atalanta in the summer. He will then be loaned again and again just until he is forgotten.

Daddi

Cuadrado is juan hell of a derby king!
Oct 27, 2004
++ [ originally posted by simpson-juvefan ] ++
I hope he can show that he is not useless!
I hope so too, but for that to be realistic he needs another 1000years of practise ;)

Dr-Juve

Mar 11, 2004
++ [ originally posted by simpson-juvefan ] ++
He is young he can improve and learn !
u r right but the price will be too high ,,,,,not less than loosing 2 scudettos
just like what has happen to juve when VDS was there goalkeeper few years ago
and legro last year

Mr. Gol

Sep 15, 2004
That's because he never played for a club with the pressure and expectations that Juventus bring. The same goes for Legrottaglie and Appiah, they are good with smaller clubs but they just can't seem to perform on the highest level. This actually happens to lots of players who come in from mid-table to top teams, and there's no way to test this so it's a bit of a hit-and-miss situation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)