anyone here still play CM01/02? (1 Viewer)

Sep 28, 2002
i would play it but my cd is scratched so no, not anymore. i should get cm4 cd in couple of days, actually i played only demo version of that before

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
MY cd is damaged too, but it still works, for now. I'm trying to take Irish side Bohemians to the CL title. It should be possible, but it'll take a few weeks of my life. I expect success around 2025 or so.

As it stands, my best run was into the CL first group stage (in real life, no Irish team has made it past the second qualifying round), where I drew Dortmund, PSG (who had Totti, Ronaldinho and Joe Cole!), and PSV Eindhoven. I got six points (3 home draws, and an away win), with my best result being a 6-5 win over PSV to send me into the UEFA Cup, where Real Madrid promptly dumped me out.

OP
aimar

aimar

Sep 29, 2003
  • Thread Starter #4
    it's weird how real madrid NEVER wins the CL in the game

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
    They're underrated. Even Raul, who looks great, never performs - I suspect he's rated as highly inconsistant, which is rubbish.

Generally, the Spanish teams are weak in the game.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
    For those whose cd's are messed up, why don't you just copy them? As long as you paid for the game, you can make as many copies as you want for your own personal use..

Sep 28, 2002
    paid for the game? me? :D

well, yeah, i paid about 1.5$ for my copy. anyway, now it's too late to anything. but a great game, when i'll come back to lithuania i'll get a copy again.

*no, i can'', i havent' seen my girlfriend for 4 months, gotta spend some time with her :angel:*

***** that girl, get that game faster :devil:*

:D

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Fliakis ] ++

*no, i can'', i havent' seen my girlfriend for 4 months, gotta spend some time with her :angel:*

That's a normal symptom for a CM player :p

I don't play it anymore, but I've still got the CD (which cost me $2 too)

It's a good game, but since my comp's decent, I see no reason to play it over CM4

Sep 28, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++

That's a normal symptom for a CM player :p

I don't play it anymore, but I've still got the CD (which cost me $2 too)

It's a good game, but since my comp's decent, I see no reason to play it over CM4
    i see only one and most important reason, cm 3 is way better

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
    ++ [ originally posted by Fliakis ] ++
    paid for the game? me? :D

well, yeah, i paid about 1.5$ for my copy. anyway, now it's too late to anything. but a great game, when i'll come back to lithuania i'll get a copy again.

***** that girl, get that game faster :devil:*

Well that's your business.. :D

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
    You got all the EP's gray?

I find that CM4 lacks depth a bit, especially in the media interaction and transfer options. Also, the match engine is not really great. It's a good game, but nowhere as good as I expected it to be.

I quit playing after I won 3 CL + 3 Serie A in a row with Juve, and after my Lower League game with San Marino.

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Alex ] ++
    For those whose cd's are messed up, why don't you just copy them? As long as you paid for the game, you can make as many copies as you want for your own personal use..
    Good idea. How do I do that? Can I just save everything to a folder on the computer and then burn a disk, or is it more complicated than that?

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by mikhail ] ++

Good idea. How do I do that? Can I just save everything to a folder on the computer and then burn a disk, or is it more complicated than that?
    You'd be much better off making a CD image on your HD, then burning it. That way, you can use a 'Virtual CD' program to make ur computer think it's got an extra CD drive :p For more, just do the relevant search. I use a program called Blindwrite to make the images, and Nero to burn ;)

Maybe i'll post a guide later, but i'm too tired at the moment :sleepy:

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
    You'd be much better off making a CD image on your HD, then burning it. That way, you can use a 'Virtual CD' program to make ur computer think it's got an extra CD drive :p For more, just do the relevant search. I use a program called Blindwrite to make the images, and Nero to burn ;)

Maybe i'll post a guide later, but i'm too tired at the moment :sleepy:
    No, that wouldn't work very well. For one thing your harddrive would have to be no bigger than to fit on a cd, which I think it highly unlikely since cm4 alone is huge. Besides, I doubt cm4 would recognize that hybrid disc as the original cdrom.

It was an altogether bad call, gray, for so many reasons :D;):p

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by mikhail ] ++
    Best thing to do would be email SIgames or something.
    And say what? "Hi, I bought a copy of your game, and I would like to make a personal copy, solely for backup reasons". Would you believe you? :p

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
    And say what? "Hi, I bought a copy of your game, and I would like to make a personal copy, solely for backup reasons". Would you believe you? :p

Hey, I'm an honest guy. I'm sure that my aura of integrity would be infused in the email. :)

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Alex ] ++

No, that wouldn't work very well. For one thing your harddrive would have to be no bigger than to fit on a cd, which I think it highly unlikely since cm4 alone is huge. Besides, I doubt cm4 would recognize that hybrid disc as the original cdrom.

It was an altogether bad call, gray, for so many reasons :D;):p
    So do better, numerodix guy. :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)