anyone good at websites or html? (1 Viewer)

gray

Apr 22, 2003
do not use Frontpage, it's rubbish. I personally use Dreamweaver but it takes time to learn it.

In all seriousness, try Google, there are plenty of html tutorials out there.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by inferis ] ++
true. dont use frontpage... go with dreamwever.. but i, personally use flash... actionscript 2.0 just rocks baby...
:wth: you use Flash for html ??

OP
adams

adams

Mar 5, 2005
  • Thread Starter #7
    fair enough, i've been warned off of frontpage. any particular reason though?

im looking into dreamweaver...

Emma

Mar 4, 2004
    Its not that bad if you know what your doing. If your planning to make websites in design view of any program then its really not going to be up to much anyways.

Do yourself a favour and learn the code. Its not like its hard. Any idiot can learn this.

Start here:
    http://www.w3schools.com/html/html_intro.asp

Atleast understand whats going on, then create in whatever program you so to desire.

No point buying (yeah like you were gonna) dreamweaver if you can pull it off in frontpage.

Though yeah dreamweaver is better, still 'utter trash' is alittle harsh from Marty over there.

Emma

Mar 4, 2004
    And you'll need to learn css if you want the site to look like it wasnt made in the 90's.

And a graphics program if you want to make it look like anything other than pure shit.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
    ++ [ originally posted by Emma ] ++
    Though yeah dreamweaver is better, still 'utter trash' is alittle harsh from Marty over there.
    In fairness, I haven't used it since Frontpage97. Knowing how Microsoft handle updates of Office, I just assumed nothing had changed.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
    And you'll need to learn css if you want the site to look like it wasnt made in the 90's.

And a graphics program if you want to make it look like anything other than pure shit.
    that's right

OP
    adams

adams

Mar 5, 2005
  • Thread Starter #14
    Its not that bad if you know what your doing. If your planning to make websites in design view of any program then its really not going to be up to much anyways.

Do yourself a favour and learn the code. Its not like its hard. Any idiot can learn this.

Start here:
    http://www.w3schools.com/html/html_intro.asp

Atleast understand whats going on, then create in whatever program you so to desire.

No point buying (yeah like you were gonna) dreamweaver if you can pull it off in frontpage.

thanks emma thats very nice of you.

OP
    adams

adams

Mar 5, 2005
  • Thread Starter #16
    ok, quick rollover image question- can they be bitmaps?

whenever i convert bmp's to jpg's they get all patchy and unclear. like if you look closely at sergio's avatar

OP
    adams

adams

Mar 5, 2005
  • Thread Starter #19
    ++ [ originally posted by Martin ] ++
    Bitmaps are not compressed, jpeg's are. Using bitmaps is wasting space. It's also a terrible format.
    that doesnt solve my problem though. is there a way to compress the image in a way that doesnt fudge them up?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)