Anybody uses SKYPE? (1 Viewer)

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Actually skype 1.0 was released for linux and macos a little while back, they said all prior versions were beta releases so perhaps they did something to improve sound quality..

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
A few months ago we skype'd a lot, not myself as much but I know others did more. And I noticed that I would usually get mediocre sound quality and a delay in the voice transfer which was irritating. There was only one time it really worked well, even though I have a quite decent dsl line and otherwise get good transfer speeds.

Also, whenever I would try a conversation with 2 people or more, the sound was all noise to me and I don't think they heard me either. So I imagine those could well have been software bugs.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
It doesn't... if you have an internet connection, using skype is free no matter who you call or how many people talk.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Then you pay the local charge. For instance you call a cell phone in Italy you pay what you would pay to call from a cell phone in Italy to another cell phone in Italy.

Apr 12, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Elnur_E65 ] ++
The sound quality is ok, same as MSN actually,

But the lag time is terrible. One person says something- I don't hear it until 10 seconds later.
I love the bloody thing, only problem is it freezes up my computer every time I use it.

Anyone know how I can fix that problem?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)