Any vegetarians here? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
For a week now i've become a vegetarian! Anyone else here who is a vegetarian?
Man, nothing beats a slowly roasted Albanian lamb. And those lambs don't come from meat factories.

- - - Updated - - -

Dipped in remoulade on rugbrød. Just to debunk any claims of me being a nationalist.
The hipster things you say never cease to amuse me. In a bad way.

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
We're 7 billion people on this planet; you do the math. Every species with only one source of food is in a vulnerable position.
You do know that eating non-animal products is a lot less resource-intensive than eating meat? I mean, 90% of meat eaten comes from some sort of animal that was fed some sort of feed, which again in most cases had to be grown beforehand. Instead of the feed, grain for direct human consumption could be grown instead, a lot more "effectively", if you measure by energy/calory for example.

Not even going to start with what's wrong about saying that everything that's not meat is "only one source of food", as if hundreds upon hundreds of different grains, vegetables, fruits, algae, and whatever else is just one single homologous blob.

Hængebøffer

Jun 4, 2009
You do know that eating non-animal products is a lot less resource-intensive than eating meat? I mean, 90% of meat eaten comes from some sort of animal that was fed some sort of feed, which again in most cases had to be grown beforehand. Instead of the feed, grain for direct human consumption could be grown instead, a lot more "effectively", if you measure by energy/calory for example.

Not even going to start with what's wrong about saying that everything that's not meat is "only one source of food", as if hundreds upon hundreds of different grains, vegetables, fruits, algae, and whatever else is just one single homologous blob.
Why do you think humans are growing in numbers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)