Any of you writers? (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ford Prefect

May 28, 2009
Yo, I started writing for Forza Italian Football, CV building alongside my press work in my job. They are still after more writers, check here: http://forzaitalianfootball.com/2012/11/writers-wanted-at-forza-italian-football-apply-within/ for more info about it. I'm not trying to be condescending, but this stuff does help your CV, especially if you are at uni/leaving uni,,i got my job because i wrote a newspaper column when i was 15-19.

If a mod wants to move this feel free.

Peace yo! :claire:

Buy on AliExpress.com

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Yo, I started writing for Forza Italian Football, CV building alongside my press work in my job. They are still after more writers, check here: http://forzaitalianfootball.com/2012/11/writers-wanted-at-forza-italian-football-apply-within/ for more info about it. I'm not trying to be condescending, but this stuff does help your CV, especially if you are at uni/leaving uni,,i got my job because i wrote a newspaper column when i was 15-19.

If a mod wants to move this feel free.

Peace yo! :claire:
I was asked to write for them about 2 years ago by Dov Schiavone when i was already writing for and appearing on SerieAweekly podcasts run by a nice canadian guy called kevin. I kindly declined Dov's offer and he became and irritating twat after that and the most biased milanista i've ever met, he came out with outlandish statements such as "ibrahimovic is more loyal to milan than Del Piero is for Juve" So like the first time i will decline this offer, i can't work for idiots like Dov who constantly wears his bias milan glasses.

Besides i got paid to write for Kevin and receive merchandise from his sponsors :)

OP
Ford Prefect

Ford Prefect

May 28, 2009
  • Thread Starter #10
    Sent an application, would be fun to work with this sort of thing :tup:
    :tup: , the dudes alright - but don't offer to do a match report unless you will be able to give it to him at full time. My stream had a 10 min delay for torino - lazio and he wasn't impressed. I'm working on the general news stuff and features "when i've proven myself"

- - - Updated - - -

I was asked to write for them about 2 years ago by Dov Schiavone when i was already writing for and appearing on SerieAweekly podcasts run by a nice canadian guy called kevin. I kindly declined Dov's offer and he became and irritating twat after that and the most biased milanista i've ever met, he came out with statements such as "ibrahimovic is more loyal to milan than Del Piero is for Juve" So like the first time i will decline this offer, i can't work for idiots like Dov who constantly wears his bias milan glasses
    Dov is alright...he writes the bulk of whats on the website and its objective from what i've seen. But if you don't like him you don't like him :tup:

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
    Jan 16, 2011
    :tup: , the dudes alright - but don't offer to do a match report unless you will be able to give it to him at full time. My stream had a 10 min delay for torino - lazio and he wasn't impressed. I'm working on the general news stuff and features "when i've proven myself"
    I'd have no problem with writing that. The issue is that I had no previous work to forward him, so I simply offered to do a piece before making any deal, to see if it fits their standards and what not.

Is it edited, or do you do that yourself?

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
    Feb 12, 2006

- - - Updated - - -

Dov is alright...he writes the bulk of whats on the website and its objective from what i've seen. But if you don't like him you don't like him :tup:
    did you ever see his facebook group for the old site he used to run - serie A football fancast? he took it down recently because it became populated with Angry Juventini who challenged his stupid statements that he used to post in that group and there were 2 lazio fans on there - ben lally and his idiot friend who used to rave on about how lazio were the best team in the world blah blah and how Juve were more of a racist club than lazio etc...

He even had 1 inter fan who used to tell Juve fans to go kill themselves, Dov allowed that shit to go on but any talk of calciopoli lead to an instant kick from the group and perma blocked.

- - - Updated - - -

I'd have no problem with writing that. The issue is that I had no previous work to forward him, so I simply offered to do a piece before making any deal, to see if it fits their standards and what not.

you'll be fine with it, i had no experience with writing before i started with serieAweekly, so long as you have passion and belief in what you want to say it will just come out. Sure you will be fine :tup:

usually you proof read it then the editors proof read it again to correct any grammar mistakes etc...

Kate

Feb 7, 2011
    I am, but I doubt they'd be interested in my take in this field. It is good for the CV, though, you're absolutely right.

OP
    Ford Prefect

Ford Prefect

May 28, 2009
  • Thread Starter #14

The CMS is based on a workflow, so you write your piece and submit for publication and one of the editors (i think theres 4) check it for grammar/spelling and for the brand standard (proper names/numbers things like that). I've only had time to write one news article since i got access to the CMS and that wasn't edited at all: http://forzaitalianfootball.com/2013/03/brazilian-striker-talks-up-inter-move/

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    OP
    Ford Prefect

Ford Prefect

May 28, 2009
  • Thread Starter #16
    did you ever see his facebook group for the old site he used to run - serie A football fancast? he took it down recently because it became populated with Angry Juventini who challenged his stupid statements that he used to post in that group and there were 2 lazio fans on there - ben lally and his idiot friend who used to rave on about how lazio were the best team in the world blah blah and how Juve were more of a racist club than lazio etc...
    That sounds shitty but I have my reasons for doing it and I can tolerate shit. The writing staff is mostly Juve fans and the writing is required to be neural, but i managed to get a petty dig at merda into my first article ;)

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
    Feb 12, 2006
    That sounds shitty but I have my reasons for doing it and I can tolerate shit. The writing staff is mostly Juve fans and the writing is required to be neural, but i managed to get a petty dig at merda into my first article ;)
    yeah the Juventini that Dov has on his podcast seem knowledgable, at times they put Dov down which is quite funny, but yeah my advice to any potential writers here is that balance in your articles is key explore both sides of the argument, (now i feel so dirty arguing a case for Mancini as manager before Conte took charge) but keeping it relatively short usually around 500 words.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    I do tech writing, but I've never tried my hand at doing football-related stuff.

I see you guys use Wordpress :)

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
    Jan 16, 2011
    The CMS is based on a workflow, so you write your piece and submit for publication and one of the editors (i think theres 4) check it for grammar/spelling and for the brand standard (proper names/numbers things like that). I've only had time to write one news article since i got access to the CMS and that wasn't edited at all: http://forzaitalianfootball.com/2013/03/brazilian-striker-talks-up-inter-move/
    Cool. I would really like to try something like this. My introductory mail was very short and precise, lets hope I sparked some interest.

OP
    Ford Prefect

Ford Prefect

May 28, 2009
  • Thread Starter #20
    I do tech writing, but I've never tried my hand at doing football-related stuff.

I see you guys use Wordpress :)
    I'm not keen on wp;, at work we were looking at it but are moving across to expression engine for our new website, sexy piece of kit!

- - - Updated - - -

Cool. I would really like to try something like this. My introductory mail was very short and precise, lets hope I sparked some interest.
    Hopefully see you putting your name on the spreadsheets soon!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)