Any Bruce Lee fans here? (1 Viewer)

Gill_juve

May 29, 2006
They were pissed off because Bruce Lee was teaching Chinese martial arts to Americans.
i see you have been watching 'Dragon: Bruce Lee story' with jason scott lee :eyebrows: . good film. but also, turk. bruce lee only had one professional fight where he marginally won, if i am correct.

and martial arts are not based on physical capabilities, thats wrestling, you should know that if you follow Bruce so closely.

anyway ,its great to have collectors items of his, i bought this book in chinatown, of all his family pictures following his life, realy nice, and something that is really memorable.

Jul 2, 2006
i see you have been watching 'Dragon: Bruce Lee story' with jason scott lee :eyebrows: . good film. but also, turk. bruce lee only had one professional fight where he marginally won, if i am correct.

and martial arts are not based on physical capabilities, thats wrestling, you should know that if you follow Bruce so closely.
I know.Martial arts are based on both physical and spiritual capabilities.He was in highest level at both.How many people can use ' one inch punch ' nowadays?

When I said forget about styles I mean it was his philosophy.He was against styles.

"Be formless... shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle; it becomes the bottle. You put it into a teapot; it becomes the teapot. Water can flow, and it can crash. Be water, my friend..."

Gill_juve

May 29, 2006
I know.Martial arts are based on both physical and spiritual capabilities.He was in highest level at both.How many people can use ' one inch punch ' nowadays?

When I said forget about styles I mean it was his philosophy.He was against styles.

"Be formless... shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle; it becomes the bottle. You put it into a teapot; it becomes the teapot. Water can flow, and it can crash. Be water, my friend..."
i wasnt referring to that but, for me as i was really big fan, and then losing interest made me realise, that although he brought martial arts to the mainscreen and is a definite watch for everyone, his style and his teachings are not sound imo.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Bruce Lee? What a throwback. It's like it's the 1970s and I'm in some dorky friend's bedroom full of posters. :D

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
for the record i grew up watching martial arts movies and bruce lee was the poster boy for that generation. he put martial arts,as a genre,on the map. he brought it into the mainstream and showed asian audiences that it did not have to be all about spiritual fables with flying men etc.. he opened the door for guys like jackie chan to become superstars and the fact he is still massivly popular today shows the impact he had
Not a Bruce Lee fan.Im going to see The Crow in a few days,so i might become a fan of Brandon.
The Crow was a superb film,dark in tone and humour it would have launched brandon lee into the the big time IMO

brandon lee was a short lived actor, his only "decent" movie was 'the crow'. he died on the set of another movie from what i recall

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brandon_Lee
he died on set of the crow which was a damned shame but he also did a good martial arts flick "Rapid Fire"which had a typically weak story but some very nice set-pieces with lee showing he was no slouch either when it came to kung-fu

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)