Any Bruce Lee fans here? (1 Viewer)

fender06

Sep 16, 2006
* Born: 27 November 1940
* Birthplace: San Francisco, California
* Died: 20 July 1973 (brain edema)
* Best Known As: Star of Enter the Dragon

Bruce Lee is the granddaddy of high-kicking, fist-fighting movie martial artists. He got his start in America as Kato, the sidekick in the jokey 1960's TV series The Green Hornet. Later he went to Hong Kong and more or less founded the institution of kung fu movies. Wiry and charismatic, Lee reached a pinnacle in 1973 with Enter The Dragon. His untimely death before the film's release helped make him an enduring cult figure. Other films include Way of the Dragon (1972), The Big Boss (1971) and Marlowe (1969, with James Garner).

The coroner ruled that Lee died of a brain edema (accumulation of fluid and swelling) caused by an abnormal reaction to painkillers he had been prescribed for back pain... His son, Brandon Lee, was killed by a bullet accidentally fired from a prop gun while making the movie The Crow in 1993.
(more details about Bruce lee http://www.answers.com/bruce+lee?cat=entertainment)

Buy on AliExpress.com

Gill_juve

May 29, 2006
i was a very big fan as a child, had the box set of all his movies, posters, his books. the whole shabang. but then i just couldnt be bothered anyway, and from what i here, a lot of martial arts experts discredited his work and said that his speeches and writings made no sense and his style was ineffectual.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
i love bruce lee, but i'm a bigger fan of dragon lee -- he is the korean knock off of bruce. pretty good stuff

Jul 2, 2006
i was a very big fan as a child, had the box set of all his movies, posters, his books. the whole shabang. but then i just couldnt be bothered anyway, and from what i here, a lot of martial arts experts discredited his work and said that his speeches and writings made no sense and his style was ineffectual.
I would like to see those 'experts' against Bruce Lee.

Gill_juve

May 29, 2006
here turk:

Plagiarism accusations

Writings attributed to Lee published posthumously by his estate in several volumes (including The Tao of Jeet Kune Do and the Bruce Lee Library Series of books), have been found to contain scores of incorrectly attributed material, including passages belonging to Alan Watts, Helen Keller, Dear Abby, Fritz Perls, Benjamin Franklin, Hugh Prather, Eric Hoffer, Jiddu Krishnamurti, Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, and dozens of other writers. These writings were published from hand-written notes which Bruce Lee compiled throughout his life. While it is fair to point out that Bruce Lee did not authorize the publication of his notes after his death, one of the books, The Tao of Gung Fu, contains at least one essay Lee submitted to his Freshman English class at the University of Washington at Seattle as well as a draft of a chapter for a proposed book by the same name. Both contain plagiarized passages from the books The Way of Zen and This is It by Alan Watts, creatively arranged and presented as the first-person experiences of Lee.[70] In the book, Bruce Lee: The Man Only I Knew, written by Lee's widow, Linda, Bruce Lee's former English teacher recounts accusing Lee of plagiarizing. "I accused him once of doing that and he sort of laughed," stated Margaret Walters. "He didn't admit it, but he didn't deny it, either."[71]

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
yeh, didnt he die from being shot by a gun which was to be used but was accidently loaded? :S
ya i remember hearing on a movie set one of his stunts require a gun. and that the gun was supposed to be loaded with blanks but somehow real bullets got in there and when he was shot he was shot for real. sad really :disagree:

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
its kinda cryptic in the sense of how he died. similar to the way his father died right? or did bruce die naturally?

Gill_juve

May 29, 2006
well, thats a long story, its very contreversial, some say he was murdered, but the most widely accepted view is that he died from taking some medicine that he was alergic to and he suffered from cerebral edemia asa result, the swelling of the brain. RIP.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)