Antonio Conte (48 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Aug 2, 2005
He is doing a very bad job tactically and in fitness preparation, so its not surprising he is not popular with most recent group of former players.

But also even when successful for the past decade, he never struck me as a coach who has player management skills as a priority. He was openly disliked or semi conflict with several Milan players/veterans. Rubbed some Juve players the wrong way too even while winning 11 titles in 5 years etc. Personable and open communication channels or handholding type of leadership not his forte.

Its a combination of lacking that ingratiating touch with them (as several top coaches are known for), and as Montolivo wrote it well, his lack of preparing or instructing you what to do in general play/attack gameplan tactically, not being too popular with some players. Who prefer to have clear and definitive orders out there. Instead of too much confusing freedom.
Great..

Just have to ask

Man management? Not so much
Motiviotional? Not so much
Physical training? Not so much
Offensive training? Huh not so much
Gameplan? Not really
Attention to details? LOL.. not so much
Youth development? Not so much
Long term planning? Fuck no.. short term pragmatism
Beautiful football? Not so much.. Maybe with WC ballers..

Why the heck he is being paid 9m for?

Buy on AliExpress.com

Strickland

May 17, 2019
Great..

Just have to ask

Man management? Not so much
Motiviotional? Not so much
Physical training? Not so much
Offensive training? Huh not so much
Gameplan? Not really
Attention to details? LOL.. not so much
Youth development? Not so much
Long term planning? Fuck no.. short term pragmatism
Beautiful football? Not so much.. Maybe with WC ballers..

Why the heck he is being paid 9m for?
Winning isnt important, its the only thing that matters.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
as the tweet rightly states his limits were a key point to their latest defeat once again as he picked an overly passive approach for a key match. that's probably why he never was a brilliant cup coach.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
Bentancur being Spurs star midfielder says a lot about the quality of their team though.
This year they upgraded in quantity and depth but apart from potentially Kulu all their newbies are solid but none are world class that can win titles. Perisic-level useful players for the most part.

If they finish top 4 again he will demand more star signings though I doubt Spurs can ever buy a top established player. The likes of United and Chelsea and possibly even Arsenal will always beat them to these signings.

Aug 2, 2005
This year they upgraded in quantity and depth but apart from potentially Kulu all their newbies are solid but none are world class that can win titles. Perisic-level useful players for the most part.

If they finish top 4 again he will demand more star signings though I doubt Spurs can ever buy a top established player. The likes of United and Chelsea and possibly even Arsenal will always beat them to these signings.
MC and PSG say hello..
Offer more money and you will get all the Messis and Ronaldos of the world 90% of the time..

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
as the tweet rightly states his limits were a key point to their latest defeat once again as he picked an overly passive approach for a key match. that's probably why he never was a brilliant cup coach.

It's undeniable at this point. I'm not sure why anyone wants him to return. He has no record in cups.

Strickland

May 17, 2019
It's undeniable at this point. I'm not sure why anyone wants him to return. He has no record in cups.
Because we're poor in both cups and league? CL with current Juve is a bit unlikely, I surely wouldnt mind a Juve thats good in the league and is failing in the mickey cups. At least thats smth to build on.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
he's a very effective league coach and motivator who also has a track record of providing quick results

not saying i'd take him back, just saying that he's an understandable potential choice for some supporters and agnelli. i'd still prefer a more proactive coach

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
MC and PSG say hello..
Offer more money and you will get all the Messis and Ronaldos of the world 90% of the time..
But Spurs don’t have that kind of money. Actually less than Chelsea and United. City and PSG promise money and competing for title on all fronts.

- - - Updated - - -

He did win an FA cup and went deep in the Euros. He doesn’t set cups alight but it’s not zero either

Dino_mk

Sep 5, 2007
LOL at everyone wanting this fraud to take over after current fraud.
Watching Tottenham at a moment having no attack patterns, no game plan to break the opponent and him standing with dumb face expression on the side line really give confidence to be successful as Juventus next manager.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 48)