Antonio Conte (28 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
No idea why would anybody be happy with this news. Conte is a great coach so why be happy for Inter is beyond me.
Conte is capable of being a great coach but if there is truth to growing discontent around the club... Conte is not the sort of guy who swallows his pride or makes up with others, he continues to escalate and then he leaves. As we've seen in almost every previous job of his.

I pray the situation is such and that he is only still there because he won't turn down that 12mil/ year while Inter can't afford to pay him and someone else. Should be glorious as an irritated Conte will only make the situation progressively worse for them.

Also, now they stay the F away from Allegri

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
Dostoevsky

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
  • Thread Starter #49,282
    Conte is capable of being a great coach but if there is truth to growing discontent around the club... Conte is not the sort of guy who swallows his pride or makes up with others, he continues to escalate and then he leaves. As we've seen in almost every previous job of his.

I pray the situation is such and that he is only still there because he won't turn down that 12mil/ year while Inter can't afford to pay him and someone else. Should be glorious as an irritated Conte will only make the situation progressively worse for them.

Also, now they stay the F away from Allegri
    But they literally got the best coach available. Even if it's one season I doubt they had anyone better out there.

I wish they signed Sarri or someone like that.

Conte already was 2nd with 1 point away from the first place while they reached EL finals. It's huge for a shitty team like Inter.

OP
    Dostoevsky

Dostoevsky

Tzu
    Administrator
    May 27, 2007
  • Thread Starter #49,286
    Officially, yes, realistically, not at all that close. And those conditions for the physical deterioration of teams will not happen again unless there is another lockdown.
    True. However, being 2nd place is already a good success for Inter imo. Not to mention EL finals they never would have reached without him.

If they make some good moves during the summer (I'm not gonna be shocked to see that happen if some of that media BS is true) they might have a good season.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
    Sep 4, 2006
    But they literally got the best coach available. Even if it's one season I doubt they had anyone better out there.

Conte already was 2nd with 1 point away from the first place while they reached EL finals. It's huge for a shitty team like Inter.
    meh it is big if you just look at standings but come on, look at the circumstances. The Covid situation wrecked Lazio (who were having a much better season than Inter) and the combo of Covid (+Sarri) made for one of the worst Juventus sides in a decade. Even with Sarriventus we won scudetto three rounds early and threw the last two games so the lead could have easily been 7 points.

The 1 point off first is a success but an extremely generous one to them and doesn't reflect the whole story.

OP
    Dostoevsky

Dostoevsky

Tzu
    Administrator
    May 27, 2007
  • Thread Starter #49,290
    meh it is big if you just look at standings but come on, look at the circumstances. The Covid situation wrecked Lazio (who were having a much better season than Inter) and the combo of Covid (+Sarri) made for one of the worst Juventus sides in a decade. Even with Sarriventus we won scudetto three rounds early and threw the last two games so the lead could have easily been 7 points.

The 1 point off first is a success but an extremely generous one to them and doesn't reflect the whole story.
    Let's not forget that 2 seasons ago we had Inter 4th placed with 21 points behind.

It's still a huge ass difference.

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013

You forgot Max?
    Allegri is a superior coach in every aspect. More tactically flexible, better man manager, better in Europe. He doesn't randomly start insulting the club that feeds him and doesn't throw players under the bus.
    I'd be a lot more scared if he was their coach instead.

OP
    Dostoevsky

Dostoevsky

Tzu
    Administrator
    May 27, 2007
  • Thread Starter #49,294
    You forgot Max?
    Allegri is a superior coach in every aspect. More tactically flexible, better man manager, better in Europe. He doesn't randomly start insulting the club that feeds him and doesn't throw players under the bus.
    I'd be a lot more scared if he was their coach instead.
    If I had to pick between the two I'd have a hard time picking. I love Allegri. But that just goes to say how much I rate Conte and I'll never forget the first season he arrived here and all of a sudden we see Juve players have balls and run their lungs out. They were like animals. I do agree Max has more positives but Conte has something quite unique, his energy and motivation that wakes up teams. We badly need that and it was obvious under Sarri.

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
    If I had to pick between the two I'd have a hard time picking. I love Allegri. But that just goes to say how much I rate Conte and I'll never forget the first season he arrived here and all of a sudden we see Juve players have balls and run their lungs out. They were like animals. I do agree Max has more positives but Conte has something quite unique, his energy and motivation that wakes up teams. We badly need that and it was obvious under Sarri.
    The thing is, at that time, success hadn't gone to Conte' head. He was focused solely on doing well on the pitch and worked with whichever players he given. Ever since 2013, he's become more and more demanding, and also more and more toxic. Just look at how he left Juve, his second season with Chelsea and the second half of this season with Inter. He's fast tracked his way to becoming another Jose Mourinho.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
    Sep 4, 2006
    iirc Inter looked serious title challengers until the winter break and I think that's happened a few times in the past couple seasons.

Maybe its their "club DNA" but it happens frequently and it never gets old. I predict a repeat and, when it does happen, epic Conte meltdown leading to him being sacked.

Lion

King of Tuz
    Jan 24, 2007
    iirc Inter looked serious title challengers until the winter break and I think that's happened a few times in the past couple seasons.

Maybe its their "club DNA" but it happens frequently and it never gets old. I predict a repeat and, when it does happen, epic Conte meltdown leading to him being sacked.
    they will also crash out of europe again in group stages, since they are in pot 3 for CL meaning they will likely end in group of death + 3-5-2 will get raped against any team playing with wingers...which is pretty much all top european teams.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 22)