Antonio Conte (81 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Mr Chocolate

Rubba Band Business
Dec 23, 2012
I think that is a very fine line you have to tread. You want the coach to be comfortable with the player but coach cycles are short and their outlook is always short-term. You will buy a lot of players on past performances and you'll open yourself up to Zaniolo/Radja deals.

Our transfer policy has always been fine, if not good. We went from Pepe to Ronaldo. We started with a paper clip and bought a house.
Oh its definitely a fine line, you always need to look to the future with signings, and we have come a long way, with some excellent signings, but i'm not talking about specific players, but Managers should defiantly have a say in the 'types' of players that are signed, ofc if a market opportunity arises you take it.

but none of us know how it works, or what input the coach has in the signings here, but i'm just talking hypothetically based on rumors.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
So what? Guardiola only becomes successful when able to buy an all new team
Well if they land Guardiola they will also back him up with transfers. And he generally doesnt need to buy already established players. He can make do with promising young players that he can get them to perform very highly.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Well if they land Guardiola they will also back him up with transfers. And he generally doesnt need to buy already established players. He can make do with promising young players that he can get them to perform very highly.
You mean, if he can spend 400 million on players that he'll find 2 young wide players that perform well when given alot of offensive freedom ?

We dont have that money because we are writing ronaldo's payments off. And we'd need to buy an entire new team

and we are italians. Guardiola is the polar opposite of our style. Which is absolutely why he should be hated and detested. If you desire him so much, i wonder why you support juve cause we have always played the complete opposite style, and are the number 1 teaml to counter that style (when we actually had a good organisation unlike this season)

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
You mean, if he can spend 400 million on players that he'll find 2 young wide players that perform well when given alot of offensive freedom ?

We dont have that money because we are writing ronaldo's payments off. And we'd need to buy an entire new team

and we are italians. Guardiola is the polar opposite of our style. Which is absolutely why he should be hated and detested. If you desire him so much, i wonder why you support juve cause we have always played the complete opposite style, and are the number 1 teaml to counter that style (when we actually had a good organisation unlike this season)
Yeah, I dont get that either. Juventus have always had specific style of football. Its not parking the bus, defending and hitting opponenets on counter but we have never played tiki taka either. It consists of great organization at the back, hardworking midfielders that could play both ways and few talented players upfront that could carve open any defense, etc... How do u become a fan of this club, when ur finding enjoyment in entirely different style of football? Is it related to some players that people follow and then some of them stick around even when they r gone? And for all the money Guardiola has at City, has he accomplished more?

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
I'm not a huge fan of his style but let's stop this nonsense suggesting that Conte isn't a Juve legend, he did big things as a player and manager.
He was referring to Guardiola

Conte certainly is a legend and most neccecary in our return. But where we are at now he's not really a good choise anymore

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 76)