Antonio Conte (21 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.

jukazem

Feb 10, 2007
Conte at Inter would be disgusting. I am ok with him at any other Italian club but Inter is unforgivable. Direct conflict of interests, you can't win with Inter without beating Juve.

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
He still hasn't forgiven him for how his tenure ended. It his prerogative as President of the club.

- - - Updated - - -

The wounds must be really deep for Agnelli to not even consider a return of a Juve figure who is a legend as a coach and player. A pick that the majority of fans (especially in Italy) would be satisfied with
By now it's obvious that Agnelli has a really strong opinion on how things should be run. He has made that very clear with how he wasn't scared of letting someone like ADP go without batting an eyelid. Conte is small fish compared to that.

Mr Chocolate

Rubba Band Business
Dec 23, 2012
RE, When Conte left
Rumors were he was unhappy with transfer policy at the club, and now rumors are that Allegri is demanding changes to the transfer policy too, maybe we need to change the policy if two coaches disagree with it, i don't see how clubs at this level don't work closely with their managers to build their Squad,

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
RE, When Conte left
Rumors were he was unhappy with transfer policy at the club, and now rumors are that Allegri is demanding changes to the transfer policy too, maybe we need to change the policy if two coaches disagree with it, i don't see how clubs at this level don't work closely with their managers to build their Squad,
I think that is a very fine line you have to tread. You want the coach to be comfortable with the player but coach cycles are short and their outlook is always short-term. You will buy a lot of players on past performances and you'll open yourself up to Zaniolo/Radja deals.

Our transfer policy has always been fine, if not good. We went from Pepe to Ronaldo. We started with a paper clip and bought a house.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
I think that is a very fine line you have to tread. You want the coach to be comfortable with the player but coach cycles are short and their outlook is always short-term. You will buy a lot of players on past performances and you'll open yourself up to Zaniolo/Radja deals.

Our transfer policy has always been fine, if not good. We went from Pepe to Ronaldo. We started with a paper clip and bought a house.
Good point. It is a massive risk to change something that has for the most part worked but dont some of our disjointed performances mean it might be time to reconsider? It seems like each lineup we try allegri is constantly forcing players into positions or roles in those positions that are not their own, particulary with our CMs or dybala.

This is not an issue in serie a when the quality of the squad is so much higher than others but we dont have that same advantage in europe. Our players dont seem to suit the lineup allegri wants to play and has us looking like a frankenstein team at times, are we really ever going to be the best team in europe with that policy?

It is a gamble sure, we might end up in trouble going down that route(look at yanited completely lost giving saf total control and then himself and his stars retire they are boned), but it might be necessary to give a coach more control and time to create a side with a strong identity and players who actually work for that system and compliment each other. At least if your ambition is to finally win the CL.

MikeM

Sep 21, 2008
Good point. It is a massive risk to change something that has for the most part worked but dont some of our disjointed performances mean it might be time to reconsider? It seems like each lineup we try allegri is constantly forcing players into positions or roles in those positions that are not their own, particulary with our CMs or dybala.

This is not an issue in serie a when the quality of the squad is so much higher than others but we dont have that same advantage in europe. Our players dont seem to suit the lineup allegri wants to play and has us looking like a frankenstein team at times, are we really ever going to be the best team in europe with that policy?

It is a gamble sure, we might end up in trouble going down that route, but it might be necessary to give a coach more control and time to create a side with a strong identity and players who actually work for that system and compliment each other. At least if your ambition is to finally win the CL.
Still I think we had enough to win the CL this year, looking at the competition. Lots of coaches would jump at the chance to coach this squad. The two finalists relied on Llorente and Origi to go through.

There are a lot of tactics and combinations that Allegri managed to avoid throughout his 100 different lineups, but we've all discussed those things to death really.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Still I think we had enough to win the CL this year, looking at the competition. Lots of coaches would jump at the chance to coach this squad. The two finalists relied on Llorente and Origi to go through.

There are a lot of tactics and combinations that Allegri managed to avoid throughout his 100 different lineups, but we've all discussed those things to death really.
3-5-2 comes to mind but we didnt have the CBs or CMs and a plethora of attackers. One could argue that also affected the 433.

Our squad might have worked for 4231 but then there is no cam except dybala... so what do you do?

I think this season in particular this was an issue when yes we had a lot of good individuals but they werent put together witj any sort of a clear gameplan in mind so we struggled to find anything that suited them as a group.

Havent we had like 34 different starting lineups in serie a? In some ways its cool that maxx can chop and change but imo that speaks volumes about how unsuitable the squad was as a whole tjat he couldnt find a lineup he liked enough to play twice

Maybe you have other ideas about how he could have played but that counts for little when the coach isnt interested in those ideas

MikeM

Sep 21, 2008
Both Klopp and Poch would swap their whole forward line for Ronaldo. With Ronaldo it's like guaranteeing a goal before the game starts. I can't find excuses for Allegri because his CMs were not Modric level. Surely they were at least Sissoko/Milner level.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 20)