Antonio Conte (143 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
Can our current midfield be good enough in Europe
I dunno liverpool seems to be doing quite well two years in a row now with Wijandalum, Henderson and Milner types in their midfield (Can last season). As do Spurs this season and last and Ajax this season. Conte's italy had supreme mediocrity everywhere but he found a way to get the most out of them.

We can improve in midfield ofcourse but even without that, we should be able to do better than we did this year and should play better football than we have the last 2 years.

Good enough to win? Possibly but certainly better than what we have been doing the last 2 seasons in Serie A and CL.

I'll hold conte to the same standards I held Allegri. We should dominate opposition in Serie A, and most opposition in Europe. We should never get bulldozed by a team small (like Ajax) or large (like ATM 1st leg and Real the season prior) to then count on a miraculous come back.

Grinding out 1-0 results with no offensive game plan for the entirety of the season and showing up in only a handful of games is not good enough even if we win Serie A/Coppa and reach QFs/Semis.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
B-side italy

Buffon, Barzagli, Bonucci, Chiellini, Marchisio(prime), De Rossi

Right
Werent Verratti and Marchisio injured and he played Parolo types in midfield?

- - - Updated - - -

Fun fact: Conte's Italy played 120 minutes against Germany with Sturaro, Parolo and Florenzi midfield
I take what I said back. Stururuururu is world class in my books.

Vialli_92

Mar 7, 2013
Copied from Inter forum,
Agnelli decided that conte will not be new coach of juventus, althought nedved and paratici wanted him. Main reason is earlier conte leaving of juventus in bad moments for juventus, when pre-season already started. Conte wanted to return in juventus but he will not althought he had agreement with nedved and paratici. Now Allegri has a the biggest chances to stay one more year.

SKY now saying there's never been contact between Conte and Agnelli (there were contacts with nedved and paratici) and there won't be either. Conte and Agnelli have unresolved issues.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
Yeah and de Rossi. Basically à load of runners and pressers. Banking on the massive defence.

Conte is good for such teams. But he never wins cups
FA cup in his last season at Chelsea and super cups with us if you count those.

The only cup Allegri won that Conte didn't is the coppa Italia which is less competitive than the FA cup.

And in this Juve stint, it shouldnt be difficult to win the coppa. And he wins leagues... not just dead Serie A.

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
Copied from Inter forum,
Agnelli decided that conte will not be new coach of juventus, althought nedved and paratici wanted him. Main reason is earlier conte leaving of juventus in bad moments for juventus, when pre-season already started. Conte wanted to return in juventus but he will not althought he had agreement with nedved and paratici. Now Allegri has a the biggest chances to stay one more year.

SKY now saying there's never been contact between Conte and Agnelli (there were contacts with nedved and paratici) and there won't be either. Conte and Agnelli have unresolved issues.
Sky and Agresti also denied the Ronaldo transfer intially

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
FA cup in his last season at Chelsea and super cups with us if you count those.

The only cup Allegri won that Conte didn't is the coppa Italia which is less competitive than the FA cup.

And in this Juve stint, it shouldnt be difficult to win the coppa. And he wins leagues... not just dead Serie A.
Oh hell do well at inter

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 129)