Antonio Conte (32 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.

tvrtko

Mar 14, 2019
Conte pretty much bitched about how he never got quality signings, and he did in Chelsea aswell iirc?
Still, I think Max can get more out of a squad, than Conte.

Facts are facts, and as I see it - we're more in need of 2-3 top level quality signings, rather than a change of coach. Even if Max leaves and the board gets a new coach - the board will still need to fix the issues in the squad (CBs/midfield)

Buy on AliExpress.com

jukazem

Feb 10, 2007
Lol Tuzzers shitting on both Juve coaches who delivered 8 Scudettos and had to deal with continuously changing squads... Conte "failed" in Europe because he had shit strikers like Llorente, Matri and Quagliarella (Vucinic was always injured and only Quag is not shit now)... his shortcoming so far was how he handled Diego Costa, otherwise he's a great coach, great manager.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Yes. A great coach who prioritized a points record in Serie A over a European final, and who lost against the might Galatasaray. We managed one fucking win in that group stage. Pathetic. He might be a great motivator and instill belief in his team, but he's not a great coach. A good coach? Yes, but not a great one. He's too stubborn, proud and inflexible.

jukazem

Feb 10, 2007
He had Llorente FFS! Allegri was also 1 game from elimination in the group stages with that shit... Luckily Morata stepped up and with some luck in the draws Juve went to the final!

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
He had Llorente FFS! Allegri was also 1 game from elimination in the group stages with that shit... Luckily Morata stepped up and with some luck in the draws Juve went to the final!
lucky draw = juve was the only team who managed to knock out real madrid from the competition between '14 and' 18.

luckily morata saved our ass = he produced next to nothing since he left juve, he's not a cr7 2.0 by any means.

comparing conte's and allegri's cl results is not even fair.

Gigiventus

Mar 3, 2017
Yes. A great coach who prioritized a points record in Serie A over a European final, and who lost against the might Galatasaray. We managed one fucking win in that group stage. Pathetic. He might be a great motivator and instill belief in his team, but he's not a great coach. A good coach? Yes, but not a great one. He's too stubborn, proud and inflexible.
What a ridiculous thing to say. This not-great-coach won 3 scudettos in a row from a Juve on the back of midtable finishes. The "good coach" won a league undefeated and holds the point record in Serie A. He beat Allegri himself in Serie A. He beat Klopp, Mou, Pep, Poch and everyone else in the PL to the league. Only one of two coaches to have beat Pep to a league title in Pep's entire 11 year career. Did great with the worst Italy NT in a long, long time. Out with this..

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
What a ridiculous thing to say. This not-great-coach won 3 scudettos in a row from a Juve on the back of midtable finishes. The "good coach" won a league undefeated and holds the point record in Serie A. He beat Allegri himself in Serie A. He beat Klopp, Mou, Pep, Poch and everyone else in the PL to the league. Only one of two coaches to have beat Pep to a league title in Pep's entire 11 year career. Did great with the worst Italy NT in a long, long time. Out with this..
My point still stands. He was abysmal in Europe, and that didn't seem to change once he coached Chelsea. He did great for us, at a time when we needed a coach like him. However, I don't want him back. This would not be an upgrade in any sense of the word. I understand some here have sentimental reasons for wanting him back, clinging to nostalgia and all that shit, but I don't see why or how his return would herald any success in Europe.

Gep

The Guv'nor
Jun 12, 2005
My point still stands. He was abysmal in Europe, and that didn't seem to change once he coached Chelsea. He did great for us, at a time when we needed a coach like him. However, I don't want him back. This would not be an upgrade in any sense of the word. I understand some here have sentimental reasons for wanting him back, clinging to nostalgia and all that shit, but I don't see why or how his return would herald any success in Europe.
It won’t. People have short memories.

Gigiventus

Mar 3, 2017
Abysmal in Europe.

We should have knocked out Heynckes' trebble winning Bayern with Quag-Matri up front. Same for Chelsea, how dare they lose 1 match vs Barca.

Talking about other's sentimental reasons when you speak with such exaggerations.

He coached 3 seasons in CL.

1 was a failure.

1 he beat a great Shaktar (Willian, Fernandinho, Costa, Texeira, Mkhitaryan, Srna) and Chelsea to win the group. Won something like 6-0 in the R16 vs Celtic and lost to the trebble winning Bayern in the QF.

The last one he beat Atletico and got eliminated vs a much superior Barca.

2012 Bayern and 2017 Barca were much better squads than his Juve or Chelsea. If it's abysmal to lose in those situations then what the hell is it to lose against Ajax with Ronaldo?

I assume that Pep with an infinite budget losing to Lyon, Liverpool, Monaco, Spurs, etc and being eliminated the moment he gets the first semi-serious contender is worse than abysmal.

Juventinoo

Ertuğrul Oğlu Osman
Oct 20, 2004
Abysmal in Europe.

We should have knocked out Heynckes' trebble winning Bayern with Quag-Matri up front. Same for Chelsea, how dare they lose 1 match vs Barca.

Talking about other's sentimental reasons when you speak with such exaggerations.

He coached 3 seasons in CL.

1 was a failure.

1 he beat a great Shaktar (Willian, Fernandinho, Costa, Texeira, Mkhitaryan, Srna) and Chelsea to win the group. Won something like 6-0 in the R16 vs Celtic and lost to the trebble winning Bayern in the QF.

The last one he beat Atletico and got eliminated vs a much superior Barca.

2012 Bayern and 2017 Barca were much better squads than his Juve or Chelsea. If it's abysmal to lose in those situations then what the hell is it to lose against Ajax with Ronaldo?

I assume that Pep with an infinite budget losing to Lyon, Liverpool, Monaco, Spurs, etc and being eliminated the moment he gets the first semi-serious contender is worse than abysmal.
Maybe you have some point here... but Conte main negative point is that he is very rigid with his formation and very little to rotate and his subs are one to one position subs....

His rigidity spreads on requesting specific players so his team will deliver ...which is we cant do it that way...

Also, With Conte we were very predictable ....and thats why we fail with him in Europe ....

See, no one i think here, deny Allegri tactical intelligence, but the man need the tools to deliver ..he got us Scudetto with zero creativity team ....bring him those creative players then do better assessment to his performance

One more thing, we never had this season playing badly issues before ...because we had the tools for that ....this season i cant see any player able to create chances ....

For me thank you Allegri for getting a scudetto out of impotant Juve team

Hope Fabio do super mercato this summer thats all we can hope, if not , be ready for another ugly scudetto :lol2:

Note: one of the reasons we failed on CL is that we almost playing with same guard with little improvements , those old guards are already being full and lost the hunger to play especially Pjanic

Last summer we did well in the market except the midfield.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 29)