Antonio Conte (30 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
lol

how many teams that tournament had better rosters?

- - - Updated - - -

exactly

one of the best players on every tournament for Italy

market value lol. from transfermarkt?
From the top of my head Germany, Spain, France, Croatia, Belgium have clearly better starting 11s. Italy's squad was in the ball park of England and Portugal which is disgusting by Italian standards.

Didnt help that they had the toughest path to the final or they could have gone all the way.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
same question to you as to everyone, how many teams had a better team on paper than Italy?

and ofcourse they are coaches tht would have gone further. Santos won the whole thing with an inferior team, Wales coach got to the semifinal. you just have to pick the best roster possible, find a formation that brings the most out of your best players, and play it smart in the group stage.
From what i have seen from Allegri and the way he find solutions... i would really not be surprised if he reached the final with that very same team but using a formation thinkered by him. Allegri is superior to Cnote tactically. Thats a no question

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
same question to you as to everyone, how many teams had a better team on paper than Italy?

and ofcourse they are coaches tht would have gone further. Santos won the whole thing with an inferior team, Wales coach got to the semifinal. you just have to pick the best roster possible, find a formation that brings the most out of your best players, and play it smart in the group stage.
Pls, Portugal didnt play it smart at the group stage, they just had a shit start. Italy bested Belgium and Spain, two clearly superior squads on paper and was on the brink of eliminating Germany, another team with better players, of course Conte made that team better than they were

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
From the top of my head Germany, Spain, France, Croatia, Belgium have clearly better starting 11s. Italy's squad was in the ball park of England and Portugal which is disgusting by Italian standards.

Didnt help that they had the toughest path to the final or they could have gone all the way.
Thats not from the top of ones head, thats all the teams that are superior to Italy on paper (Spain, Germany, France) and then some that are on par at best (Italy had a WC defense and GK, Croatia a WC midfield and Belgium a WC attack), however these 2 teams are know as chokers throughout the years so there is no reason not to believe Italy would have been favorites in an elimination game against either of them.

About the path to the final, well you can thank Eder for that, as hes the one that scored vs Sweden. And Conte, for subbing in Zaza

- - - Updated - - -

From what i have seen from Allegri and the way he find solutions... i would really not be surprised if he reached the final with that very same team but using a formation thinkered by him. Allegri is superior to Cnote tactically. Thats a no question
:agree:

Just look at the roster Conte called up (which wasnt the best available at the moment either), its obvious he was planning to go with a 3421 or 433 from the names he had, probably chickened out last minute and went with the 352. Considering the midfield he had, not the best solution as seen vs Germany when he played a btb mid in Parolo at regista and had to start Sturaro

- - - Updated - - -

Pls, Portugal didnt play it smart at the group stage, they just had a shit start. Italy bested Belgium and Spain, two clearly superior squads on paper and was on the brink of eliminating Germany, another team with better players, of course Conte made that team better than they were
I didnt say Portugal planned it, maybe my last sentence implied that but i didnt mean to say that. They simply got lucky, thats all. I do however say that Italy should have done it. The win vs Belgium was excellent, as now they only needed 2 draws (most likely even one would be enough) to quality and put Belgium in a situation where they need 2 wins, or they would risk finishing below one of the remaining teams. But hey, lets win vs Sweden after playing crap all game and having the result that was perfect for us.

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
Croatia have been underachieving for years. Havent done anything after 98.

2002: Group Stage exit
2006: Group Stage exit
2010: Didnt qualify
2014: Group Stage exit

2000: Didnt qualify
2004: Group Stage exit
2008: QF
2012: Didnt qualify
2016: Exit first knockout round

Their world cup record has been terrible considering the players they have.

Allegri would have gotten them to semi-finals in one of those tournaments at least. They should hire some foreign coach. Must be ego thing to keep hiring some croatian nobody coaches.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
[video=twitter;863135752040984577]https://twitter.com/khaledalnouss1/status/863135752040984577[/video]

[video=twitter;863133474768789506]https://twitter.com/Chelsea_Related/status/863133474768789506[/video]

[video=twitter;863136928295780352]https://twitter.com/ConteTweets/status/863136928295780352[/video]

Congratulations conte. :touched:

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
When you look back at July last year the task looked very challenging, at the end he did it comfortably. It's not his fault the other WC coaches collapsed, he just continued to rile his team day after day. Well done. Now I wish him all the best in winning the fa cup.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006

Compared to the other powerhouses and even England Italy were far weaker and much unfancied than the Italy teams of the past. Spain under performed but still had a very decent squad, France, Germany, etc..

- - - Updated - - -

Why bother to reply to a name like that. Badass Dybala :lol: there are so many badasses in our team, Mario, Giorgio, Bonucci, and he picks Dybala hahahahahahhhhahhh
You haven't been around long enough to know kido

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Compared to the other powerhouses and even England Italy were far weaker and much unfancied than the Italy teams of the past. Spain under performed but still had a very decent squad, France, Germany, etc..

- - - Updated - - -

You haven't been around long enough to know kido
England was crap as usual, Italy while not being on the usual level was still 4th strongest and favorites behind Spain, Germany and France, because none other than these teams was ever gonna kick them out

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 21)

• Ali