Antonio Conte (44 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
I remember when he was worldclass and wanted by every single coach in their teams

Then he Roma'd

- - - Updated - - -

Also, the first two seasons under Conte, Pirlo was so good, Verratti wouldnt even been allowed to tie his boots.

Lets see if he actually gets that good shall we.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
I remember when he was worldclass and wanted by every single coach in their teams

Then he Roma'd

- - - Updated - - -

Also, the first two seasons under Conte, Pirlo was so good, Verratti wouldnt even been allowed to tie his boots.

Lets see if he actually gets that good shall we.
:agree:

Pirlo was top 5 players in the world level that first season under Conte and into Euro 2012.

Scottish

Zebrastreifenpferd
Mar 13, 2011
:agree:

Pirlo was top 5 players in the world level that first season under Conte and into Euro 2012.
For me he should have been seriously in the running for the Ballon d'Or that year. Being the most important player in a team which completed an unbeaten season after finishing in 7th place twice in row and all that after being discarded by Milan as a dud. He then continued his form into the Euros as you say. The most important player in an Italy team which exceeded all expectations and made it to the final.

Not even a whisper, although his worldwide recognition and appeal did seem to increase as a result.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Verratti is obviously a really good young player, but he still lacks a bit in a few things for my liking. He keeps things ticking brilliantly in midfield for PSG, his short passing in fantastic, he's strong on the ball, aggressive, not afraid to get stuck in and has very smooth technique, but he just doesn't score/assist enough IMO. Granted he has improved this season (in terms of assists), but I like my midfields to be able to be quite prolific as well. And because he is so tenacious generally, he is also a walking yellow/red card. Still plenty more to go for him to be compared to Pirlo or even Pogba. But I have no doubt in a few years time he can get close to that level.

JUST MY OPINION /end DUKAC mode

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
"When [Andrea] Pirlo and [Daniele] De Rossi are here, it's normal that they should play"

This italian mentality... It's nice and all, but this is professional sports and just because they have those names doesn't mean they automaticly should play. That is one of the reasons why these guys plays until 38 and in starting lineups in biggest italian teams.
Another reason is because Pirlo is still the best deep-lying playmaker in the world.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Marchisio has been better then De Rossi for like 2 years now, and some talk about wether or not ageing and more inconistent then usual Pirlo isnt better or not.

But yeah clearly Verratti is best all around midfielder for Italy, closely followed by a supremely consistent and alot more reliable Marchisio. Give the nod to Verratti not just for the obvious better skills, but he seriously stepped up in several big games in CL for 2 CL seasons now, completely shamed opponents like Fabregas our the declining Barca midfielders with his performances. He is defenitely one of the top few best in the game in his position currently. Would prolly start for all midfields except Reals right now (Modric > everyone else for me), and maybe Bayern since Xabi is so reliable right now.

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
Pirlo is has been. He's a legend so he will have those one moments of brilliants, but consistently he's just average now.
Average is a bit of an understatement in my eyes. It's just that he's not worldclass anymore, just good, and in all probability not ever going to improve anymore.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 33)