Antonio Conte (33 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.

IliveForJuve

Burn this club
Jan 17, 2011
Yeah. Conte didn't say anything disgusting THIS TIME.

- - - Updated - - -

Whats disgusting about it? He talks in a direct and in your face fashion, looks out after his teams interests and has this we against the world attitude, nothing new. I fully agree with what he said.
Fake fan!

Seriously though, he shouldn't be given more time than any other NT coach.

Buy on AliExpress.com
Jul 20, 2012
Whats disgusting about it? He talks in a direct and in your face fashion, looks out after his teams interests and has this we against the world attitude, nothing new. I fully agree with what he said.
The part I didn't like is regarding wanting more time with the group and the way in which he answers the questions. He makes it sound like he is being handed his team and that the players are a bunch of shit.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
He wants more time to work with them, not that they are shit, sounds like you are reading into what you want to just to hate. His attitude or way he says is hardly diplomatic and quite demanding, but he is right on wanting to demand more time to make a better team, if its possible, why not.

Jul 20, 2012
He wants more time to work with them, not that they are $#@!, sounds like you are reading into what you want to just to hate. His attitude or way he says is hardly diplomatic and quite demanding, but he is right on wanting to demand more time to make a better team, if its possible, why not.
I said he claims he wants more time with the team, and why should he get that? If he wants more time with the players go coach a club.

- - - Updated - - -

Most of his players are $#@!. (Disclaimer, I'm not trying to defend him)
I agree that the team is shit but he is the one who called them up also so .

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
well, if the majority of the Italian teams(lead by Conte) use 3-5-2 then you end up not developing world class players but more of the machine type of players.

In Holland or Spain for example, youngsters start using the 4-3-3 as soon as they are able to play 11 vs 11. It develops individuals.
Are you seriously blaming Conte and the 3-5-2 for Italian players' lack of talent and poor fitness? Italy does not have machines btw the whole squad's fitness is terrible. Who are the machines you are blaming Conte for? Zaza and the likes are far from machines. If you want a work horse then that is someone like Mandzukic or Vidal. Zaza is just an average striker who at best could develop killer instinct.

Also and more importantly, how does the 3-5-2 develop more machines than talented players? What kind of none-sense is this?

TUZ theory of player development: Players become more talented when employed in a 4-3-3.

- - - Updated - - -

I said he claims he wants more time with the team, and why should he get that? If he wants more time with the players go coach a club.

- - - Updated - - -

I agree that the team is $#@! but he is the one who called them up also so .
He has only been in charge for what? a couple of months? Give the man time.

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
I hate 3-5-2 but... :lol:

Calm down it's not the product of Satanic rituals ffs it's not producing, or stopping producing shit. It's a system

It's simple really. 3-5-2 has no room for actual wingers, or an attacking mid/TQ whatever. So it's old fashioned, and has weaknesses that are exploited quite easily.

Italy suck because Italy haven't produced jack shit lately in an attacking sense. Strikers are crap, defence is good enough when fully strong but there's no creativity and no clinical finishers.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
his whining is that he got the job only 3 months ago and barely got to spend time with the team and yet won all but one game with a talentless squad and people are criticizing those very few games he played despite the limited time.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
He sure does moan a lot. It's not like he didn't understand these problems were in place before he took the job.

- doesn't get to spend much time with players
- media keep going over stories to get a reaction (which they easily get)
- Italy don't have a big selection of players
- the Nazionale is not the priority it was even 10 years ago (this goes for many NTs now)

Whether you call it reasons or excuses it's nothing he couldn't not have known.

Still, like he says, his record so far is good and he will create a team that is tough to beat, especially when he has the many missing players back.

AOD4

Nov 24, 2004
He wanted the job and now giving so much excuses after his third game. I am going to stick with what I said earlier, he will never see success in any other team cause he is just a mediocre coach whose weakness were hidden by the great strength of the team, Marotta, the stadium and the lack of quality in the league.

samfisher5

Jan 30, 2013
He wanted the job and now giving so much excuses after his third game. I am going to stick with what I said earlier, he will never see success in any other team cause he is just a mediocre coach whose weakness were hidden by the great strength of the team, Marotta, the stadium and the lack of quality in the league.
well said bro. I approve.:agree:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 25)