Antonio Conte (40 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
As i said there was no better candidate, not even close so of course I'm happy, better than seeing Conte at someone like psg
For Conte himself, and his career, this is a huge mistake however.
If he indeed lacked the motivation to coach juve a 4th season, and there was no good team needing a coach, he should have taken a year off.

Conte can only lower his reputation at the azzurri, and the big question is how much.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
If he indeed lacked the motivation to coach juve a 4th season, and there was no good team needing a coach, he should have taken a year off.

Conte can only lower his reputation at the azzurri, and the big question is how much.
well let him make that mistake, his reputation is something that doesn't concern me and neither does it change the achievements he has had till now, and neither would it deter me from wanting him back at Juve in the future. For Italy he is an excellent appointment and exactly what they need

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
well let him make that mistake, his reputation is something that doesn't concern me and neither does it change the achievements he has had till now, and neither would it deter me from wanting him back at Juve in the future. For Italy he is an excellent appointment and exactly what they need
I dont see much chance in Conte returning to juventus in the next 10 years.

And imo Conte is much more suited to club football. The azzurri needed an experienced coach thats good at introducing new players, and get a team going in very little time

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
I dont see much chance in Conte returning to juventus in the next 10 years.

And imo Conte is much more suited to club football. The azzurri needed an experienced coach thats good at introducing new players, and get a team going in very little time
and who realistically can do that right now? Only Ancelotti is more suited to this job than Conte imo. I have no doubts Conte will be able to inject the same drive and hunger that this team has lacked under prandelli

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
So, the rumors that he would leave Juventus for the NT, have turned out to be true!?
I am surpised and i feel very betrayed...
Only to proove that this was not the reason he left, he ought to decline this job for the moment.
I am very dissapointed by Conte...

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
So, the rumors that he would leave Juventus for the NT, have turned out to be true!?
Only to proove that this was not the reason he left, he ought to decline this job for the moment.
In the end, juventus was not Nationalist enough

- - - Updated - - -

and who realistically can do that right now? Only Ancelotti is more suited to this job than Conte imo. I have no doubts Conte will be able to inject the same drive and hunger that this team has lacked under prandelli
Italians are allways motivated as hell for the national team, the issue is age and lack of talent of the newer generation.
And Prandelli leaving criscito and Rossi (especially Rossi, what the fuck) at home.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
I think in the end he was tired of not getting the toys he wanted.
In the nationale he can use a wider array of italina players and play whichever formation he wants.
But anyways.. is not like he was short on talent in this Juventus.
Dumb move IMO. He grew too spoiled by our scudettos.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
It's really no shock that Conte left us for the national team. With us he had little control over the roster. With the Azzurri he has literally ALL the control.

That fits his personality much better.

Mar 10, 2009

exactly, if he thinks he can't win the CL with Juve, and that we're so behind the "top teams" then what does he expect to achieve with an Average Italy?

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
There is no reason why Italy can't do well at the Euros. prandelli picked some really pathetic players at the wc and never really seemed to know what his best 11 was, and continued to experiment during the tournament, i expect Conte will take this role with clarity

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
exactly, if he thinks he can't win the CL with Juve, and that we're so behind the "top teams" then what does he expect to achieve with an Average Italy?
That was always a terrible excuse from him. I really think his problem is that he can't stand not having full autonomy.

reallegends

Jan 12, 2013
Even Spain has got to rebuild to reach the high levels they have set....Costa isn't a tiki taka striker,Mata,Fabregas aren't what Iniesta and Xavi were...Koke is good but dunno if he can perform on the international stage....

Right now,Germany are on top tier,with Spain,Italy and France just a rung below(in Europe)....Others are way below(England,Portugal and others)....

Would be interesting to see Germany with many of their players recently retiring from Internationals and how they cope with it

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
No doubt Conte will get much more from the team than Prandelli did outside of Euro 2012, because Prandelli used 10 formations in 2 years despite the 3-5-2 obviously working :lol:

My fear for Conte is the Italy team in 2 years will have a declined Pirlo and Barzagli or possibly one of them doesn't even make it.

Dino_mk

Sep 5, 2007
Even Spain has got to rebuild to reach the high levels they have set....Costa isn't a tiki taka striker,Mata,Fabregas aren't what Iniesta and Xavi were...Koke is good but dunno if he can perform on the international stage....

Right now,Germany are on top tier,with Spain,Italy and France just a rung below(in Europe)....Others are way below(England,Portugal and others)....

Would be interesting to see Germany with many of their players recently retiring from Internationals and how they cope with it
I didn't get the news that Holland moved to Africa?!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 32)