Antonio Conte (136 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
Somebody explain why we are pursuing allegri.

Without resorting to jokes. Explain the board's thought process. I'm on fucking suicide watch here
No great coach available that could actually take us forward, and at least Allegri will preserve most of what we already have.

He's as riskfree as we could have gotten, and I'm sure it won't be a long term deal.

Buy on AliExpress.com

AndreaCristiano

Nato, Vive, e muore Italiano
Jun 9, 2011
And the fact, yes the FACT that the Iturbe talks are dead leads me to believe that he was being acquired with Conte in mind. If that was not the case, they would still be in negotiations for the player, and let the new coach figure out how to use him. Now that these talks are dead, it goes to show that they were not oblivious to what the coach was looking for.
100% said this in the wishlist thread!

Joe

Dec 20, 2009
Those reports are shitttt, the reality is Conte knew Juve's transfer window abilities when he decided to "stay " till his contract expired. What he didn't know was who was going to be the new president of the FIGC etc etc now that those things are being decided the hat he threw into that ring , has been picked up. All this shit will come to light soon enough
I really, really doubt that.

But if you are right I'll apologize.

But I know I'm not gonna have to apologize. :D

Linebreak

Sep 18, 2009
Who else is available?

There aren't any attractive options out there just now, so Juve are better off appointing a safe option like Allegri and then reviewing things next summer.
Sensible points.

Maybe he went to his hairdresser, who told him his fake hair responded badly to stress?!
:lol:

- - - Updated - - -

why not carerra?

why not del piero?

why not rikaard
He and Angelli aren't exactly best of mates.

Kidtaf

May 20, 2009
I'm disappointed in Conte. Can't for the life of me understand why people would blame the management and not Conte.
Exactly. If it is down to the Azzurri, then Conte is a BUM for leaving Juve at this moment. He had plenty of time to do this and not give Juventus the run around. I'm positive that Juventus has a contingency plan for this situation and will act appropriately. This is Juventus.

Joe

Dec 20, 2009
Exactly. If it is down to the Azzurri, then Conte is a BUM for leaving Juve at this moment. He had plenty of time to do this and not give Juventus the run around. I'm positive that Juventus has a contingency plan for this situation and will act appropriately. This is Juventus.
Conte is at fault no mwatter the reason.

He should have stayed, if he had respect for the fans he would have finished this season with us and left next May.

But instead he stubbornly left now, to prove a point, and now we're plunged into the greatest levels of hell. (Allegri)

Scottish

Zebrastreifenpferd
Mar 13, 2011
I'm more inclined to believe that he's leaving over a failure to bring in players that he wants than to believe it's because of sales. We fail to get Sanchez or whoever else, move for Iturbe as our last choice and then lose him to Roma. Iturbe would have been a guaranteed starter here and he still goes to Roma? That is fucking ridiculous.

I am also exceedingly disappointed in Antonio. Of course I am grateful for everything that he has achieved. He made it possible to hold your head up high as a Juventino and we were moving forward in such a good direction. Of course the players and other staff helped us too but Conte was clearly the main man. Now we don't know where we are. For somebody who brought so much grinta to the club at times he showed a hell of a lack of fight at times. Blaming referees for certain results, complaining to the press about money and now this. Perhaps this protest needed to happen but I am completely sure that the reason we aren't spending 30m on transfers is because we don't have the money for it and can't afford to take a risk.

If Conte can't accept that reality then this is the best thing to happen for all parties. I just wish it didn't end like this.

Fino alla fine, ragazzi.

Linebreak

Sep 18, 2009
Oh well. I hope we'll be laughing at Conte's decision in a couple of seasons time. I say couple because this season there will be a lot of pain, starting from the current transfer market, to the results on the pitch, and ending with our position on the Serie A table.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
I'm more inclined to believe that he's leaving over a failure to bring in players that he wants. That we would fail to get Sanchez or whoever else, move for Iturbe as our last choice and then lose him to Roma. Iturbe would have been a guaranteed starter here and he still goes to Roma? That is fucking ridiculous.

I am also exceedingly disappointed in Antonio. Of course I am grateful for everything that he has achieved. He made it possible to hold your head up high as a Juventino and we were moving forward in such a good direction. Of course the players and other staff helped us too but Conte was clearly the main man. Now we don't know where we are. For somebody who brought so much grinta to the club at times he showed a hell of a lack of fight at times. Blaming referees for certain results, complaining to the press about money and now this. Perhaps this protest needed to happen but I am completely sure that the reason we aren't spending 30m on transfers is because we don't have the money for it and can't afford to take a risk.

If Conte can't accept that reality then this is the best thing to happen for all parties. I just wish it didn't end like this.

Fino alla fine, ragazzi.
You do realize that Juve stopped negotiating the minute Conte resigned.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 136)