Antonio Conte (343 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
It certainly is.

I doubt that the board planned to sell Vidal but lied to Conte that they wouldn't. Back in May, before the window started and when Conte signed the new contract, we couldn't predict who will be bought and who will be sold. You can't know who will make an offer and if anyone will make an offer. I don't think the board made a promise to Conte not to sell Vidal, simply because they couldn't know if someone will offer a crazy amount or not.

It's in board's interest to make money, not to destroy the club. Everyone wants success, which later brings the sponsors to the club. Of course they told him that they'll try to make the team even better. Now if something happens in the market that the coach doesn't like, it doesn't give the same coach the right to just leave and feel betrayed. The board wants success, just as well as the coach. They all knew each other too well and Conte is in football for too long to know that not always things go as planned. To just leave like that because things went wrong is unprofessional and I'll again use "childish".
My toughts exactly :tup:

- - - Updated - - -

Guys, it is clearly mgt's fault. We should have gven him di Marias, Falcaos and Cavanis of the world. Everything to keep true Juventino satisfied.
Yeah, after all "we got money"

Joe

Dec 20, 2009
Juventus existed before Conte, and it will exist after.

I'm not worried about the future.

But Conte has really left a bad taste in my mouth. He completely destroyed the stability of our transfer market.

Thank you for what you've done these last 3 years. But I wish you left in May. Ciao.

Jan 5, 2007
Ex-Juventus director Luciano Moggi is confident they can do without Antonio Conte. “Coaches come and go.”

The Bianconeri caused shockwaves this evening when Conte announced he had terminated his contract by mutual consent.

“This news did surprise me. I tried ringing him, but he didn’t answer the phone,” Moggi told Tuttomercatoweb.

“I don’t know what happened. I am sure he didn’t do it because of another offer. I think he’d always choose Juve first, so it must be painful for him to take this step.”

The fact Conte made this announcement on the second day of pre-season training raised many questions, including a possible protest at Arturo Vidal’s potential sale to Manchester United.

“It could be, but with an offer worth €50m you need to take it and find replacements,” continued Moggi.

“A club has to look at the balance sheet, as nowadays we see bankrupt clubs all the time and budgets must go hand in hand with sporting requirements.

“How will Juve do without Conte? The King is dead, long live the King. Coaches come and go.”

Conte is now the hot favourite to take over the Italy job, but Moggi insisted he’d “rule that out.”

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013

But Conte has really left a bad taste in my mouth. He completely destroyed the stability of our transfer market.

Thank you for what you've done these last 3 years. But I wish you left in May. Ciao.
Well, Milan exists as well. Doesn't really help.

Not I actually think we're gonna end up like Milan, but it's a big step backwards, how big depending on who his replacement is and if there are more departments to follow after his.

DIECI

Jul 12, 2011

the transfer market was trash... who were we getting? Evra Morata and Iturbe? You think we would have won the CL adding these 3 guys? No, we would have won the Scudetto once again and crashed out of the CL in the 1/4 finals probably. That is NOT a solid transfer season. Conte left mostly because of this i'm sure.

Oggy

and the Cockroaches
Dec 27, 2005
the transfer market was trash... who were we getting? Evra Morata and Iturbe? You think we would have won the CL adding these 3 guys? No, we would have won the Scudetto once again and crashed out of the CL in the 1/4 finals probably. That is NOT a solid transfer season. Conte left mostly because of this i'm sure.
Well that would be a step forward considering our last CL season.

Gabriel

Killed By Death
May 23, 2010
Terrible news guys, wish you all the best for next season :xfinger:

Honestly i'd say give Capello a 1 year deal, he will win the league and you can figure out this mess after the season. Not really sure about Zidane or Sinisa. Allegri is dog crap.

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
Who are we even going to buy now? :lol:

Evra if we're lucky

Maybe raid Atalanta for Bonaventura?

For a second I thought Juve were back and we had ambition again. Apparently we lack so much ambition that a Juve legend and coach was scared off by it.

Fast forward 2 years from now, if we're no better off than Inter and Milan are I want Agnelli fucking out.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Ex-Juventus director Luciano Moggi is confident they can do without Antonio Conte. “Coaches come and go.”

The Bianconeri caused shockwaves this evening when Conte announced he had terminated his contract by mutual consent.

“This news did surprise me. I tried ringing him, but he didn’t answer the phone,” Moggi told Tuttomercatoweb.
And this was also confirmed by Guido Rossi :pado:

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
But you had the club accountants explaining why you're wrong the whole time remember.

Let's face it, Marotta can't land a star player no matter what. Tevez was just a very lucky set of coincidences.
I don't read those explanatations, they are simply jibberish for me....seriously though, is there anyone who reads them?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 4, Guests: 338)