Antonio Conte (162 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Luca

Apr 22, 2007
It should be this way.
He needs to be content with the Nanis and the Sanchezes for now. Next mercato we will have to find replacements in a lot of positions anyways and maybe an stellar purchase. Who knows.
Personally I view Sanchez as a top draw signing, if we can get him it would really galvanise the team.

It's an almost perfect signing considering the players available and our needs.

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
This Conte situation looks very weird.
I don't think it's that weird. He's probably just being firm with his demands for a few reasons. It's possible he feels that without at least somewhat significant investment the team won't do any better next season and/or maybe not even win the scudetto. Roma and Napoli will probably only be stronger, especially Roma with CL money too. If Agnelli doesn't agree then he might want to go now instead of taking all the blame of possibly not winning the scudetto next season. The squad is getting older too and will need a new cycle to start possibly in 1-2 seasons, who knows if he wants to do that and that as well might not deliver results initially.

Mar 9, 2006
We know Agnelli is angry? I certainly don't.
Canceled the meeting with conte , didn't celebrated with him like they did before, don't talk to the media about this situation, like a wiseman decided to keep silence

- - - Updated - - -

We know Agnelli is angry? I certainly don't.
Canceled the meeting with conte , didn't celebrated with him like they did before, don't talk to the media about this situation, like a wiseman decided to keep silence

OP
Dostoevsky

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
  • Thread Starter #33,567
    I don't think it's that weird. He's probably just being firm with his demands for a few reasons. It's possible he feels that without at least somewhat significant investment the team won't do any better next season and/or maybe not even win the scudetto. Roma and Napoli will probably only be stronger, especially Roma with CL money too. If Agnelli doesn't agree then he might want to go now instead of taking all the blame of possibly not winning the scudetto next season. The squad is getting older too and will need a new cycle to start possibly in 1-2 seasons, who knows if he wants to do that and that as well might not deliver results initially.
    I can't say it doesn't make sense because we do need heavy investments, especially if we're switching the formation. I just expected a lot less resistance and a new contract. But after seeing all this I won't be surprised if Conte leaves this summer. Hell, even if he stays I think he's gone next year.

DUKAC

Feb 29, 2012
    If we know one thing that's that we'll see Conte leave for a club abroad, he will not stay in Serie A for sure. So learning a new language should not be a problem for him, they all start learning sooner, like Mourinho did.

Marotta said we'll discuss terms next week with Conte.

As for that meeting, Marotta said he THINKS he was just asking for an advice.
    Not everyone.For example Ranieri although a coach of Chelsea never learned English.Mourinho was always joking about this fact with him on press conferences while he was Inter coach.

Luftwaffles

Il terzo uomo
    Dec 1, 2005
    Either Conte stays or takes a sabbatical.
    No top job opening left now.
    I don't want Conte to go anywhere. He obviously wants some different players in to play a different formation which he feels will work in Europe.

His 3-5-2 came about because in 2011-12 he had 3 great centre backs, 3 great central midfielders, and not a lot of attacking quality in wide areas.

I've said on here before that I've seen enough of the 3-5-2 to believe that there are better formations to win in the tough European games. Conte's change to a 4-3-3 in the 2 Real Madrid games shows he clearly thinks that too.

Conte did well to show flexibility when he first arrived and not stick with the 4-2-4 formation he played before, as it didn't make the most of the players he had. He now obviously wants to go back to what he'd consider his ideal and play a back 4 with wingers.

It's now down to the club to give him what he wants. Conte's stance is obviously for his own good, but also for the good of Juventus, as he believes his demands are exactly what the team needs. I support him in that view.

Mister

Apr 4, 2014
    Marotta on Conte to SKY "From next week we will talk about the future, including the future of the coach. Should fans be worried about Conte’s statements? Absolutely not. .Conte-Ferguson meeting? It's normal that Conte is trying to learn more & also speaking to Ferguson regarding his future as a coach"

Mister

Apr 4, 2014
    Whilst Conte has won three consecutive Scudetti, one club legend in Platini has offered his support to his consideration to leave.

Michel Platini on Conte's suitation "“I understand his stress, today it is much greater than in the past,[Giovanni] Trapattoni was there for 10 years, but he had less stress because I and other champions were also there" ,the UEFA President has commented to Tuttosport today . :D

Mister

Apr 4, 2014
    Contact Juve-Spalletti (Sky) :facepalm2:

" There was a meeting between Agnelli and Spalletti and the technician has given his consent to trasfers at Juventus for next season. It is a survey because Conte is expected but in the meantime the company is looking for an alternative." - SS24

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
    Strange how much drama is in this saga, and it is all out of nowhere too.

- - - Updated - - -

Strange how much drama is in this saga, and it is all out of nowhere too.

frzl

Apr 15, 2006
    Marotta on Conte to SKY "From next week we will talk about the future, including the future of the coach. The concern of the fans is justfied .Conte-Ferguson meeting? It's normal that Conte is trying to learn more & also speaking to Ferguson regarding his future as a coach"
    translation from football-italia http://football-italia.net/49224/marotta-conte-next-week…
    "“Should fans be worried about Conte’s statements? Absolutely not."

so please tell me you made a mistake ^^

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 150)