Antonio Conte (370 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Mister

Apr 4, 2014
Conte : "Juventus I have never heard you ask for more than what I could get, and the discourse 'that, despite the crisis, knowing that there is inability to cope with certain investments, the demands increase. The fans asks the Champions League. We're all good, we know we can do a transitional season. know they can not compete in Europe and we all know it. In Italy there is a culture of destruction(media i think). both from the fans and not by Juventus .

Unrealistic expectations i guess .

Buy on AliExpress.com

DUKAC

Feb 29, 2012
I completely disagree with this cycle thing, sure we're unlikely to win another league next year. But what team wins for in a row? I reckon Conte is scared of this.

The thing is the team isn't at the end of the cycle. It isn't even complete, simply we have to evolve. When we do we'll benefit in Europe from it and still be the team to beat in the league.
I think the same as you but if he points"cycles" and "lasting of every cycle" that's it.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
:lol: true

But yeah, we need to start spending like a top club if we're to improve. Obviously, oil money splurges are out of the question and rightly so. But if we can't improve the team properly then Conte is absolutely right to leave

However, this cycle nonsense annoys me. There is no mythical power that just comes along every few years and stops you from winning. The same $#@! was said after our 2nd Scudetto. If you are the top squad in a league, and you keep improving and evolving, you stay on top. It's that simple. If you get comfortable with your status, and add players who can barely make the bench and call it a day then yeah, you will reach a premature end.
Maybe he is out of ideas to improve his 352 and is calling it a day before the streak runs out?

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
Conte : "Juventus I have never heard you ask for more than what I could get, and the discourse 'that, despite the crisis, knowing that there is inability to cope with certain investments, the demands increase. The fans asks the Champions League. We're all good, we know we can do a transitional season. know they can not compete in Europe and we all know it. In Italy there is a culture of destruction(media i think). both from the fans and not by Juventus .

Unrealistic expectations i guess .
He's right, but I think that's really not the issue here. He's not gonna hide away from fans' unrealistic expectations.

The essence of this issue is that Antonio Conte wants to win the Champions League. He wants to do it with us, but if he feels that it's impossible (due to lack of top calibre players), he will go elsewhere and win it there.

He's not leaving because the fans want to win the CL. If he leaves, it's because he wants to win it.

donpiero

Stella D'Argento
Jul 3, 2009
Conte: 'I'd evaluate projects'
By Football Italia staff

Antonio Conte said he will “clarify” his Juventus position and then potentially “evaluate other projects that intrigue me.”

“There will be clarity over my position at Juventus over the next few days. I generally don’t agree with a Sabbatical, but if there was a unity of ideas to leave with great affection and respect, then I would evaluate other projects that intrigue me.
“Obviously, if I don’t have any offers that interest me then I’d stay home, but after two or three months I’d start driving my family crazy!”

:depressed :cry:

DUKAC

Feb 29, 2012
Sure he is a good coach but there are better coaches out there than Conte dont forget that guys. I will be sad to see him leave if he does decide to go but nothing lasts forever guys just ask Man United fans that.

He has helped us become a top team in Italy again and i will always be great full to him for that. We need to move on if he does decide to go and i wish him nothing but the best where ever he goes except if he goes to Merda then i will wish him the worst.
Yeah but Fergie lasts 26-27 years which is pretty more than 3 years.

jukazem

Feb 10, 2007
feels like Deschamps all over again. directors think they know about the squad than the manager and coach. it's no wonder top managers want to go EPL where manager have much more authority and freedom over transfer campaigns and the make of the squad.

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
Zidane as coach :tuttosport: :tuttosport: :tuttosport:
Dont get my hopes up.I'll support him even if he has a bad 1st yr :p
One of my fav footballers of all time coachinvg juve.That wud be a dream come true :touched:

am0110

Jun 5, 2005
If he is willing to stay just for another year I think is better that he leaves now, there is no point in staying here next season and again in the summer starting to talk how you cannot improve anymore etc etc, that would be much harder for us fans.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
He's right, but I think that's really not the issue here. He's not gonna hide away from fans' unrealistic expectations.

The essence of this issue is that Antonio Conte wants to win the Champions League. He wants to do it with us, but if he feels that it's impossible (due to lack of top calibre players), he will go elsewhere and win it there.

He's not leaving because the fans want to win the CL. If he leaves, it's because he wants to win it.
}
But the thing is, How we know that the main issue here is the "lack of WC players to compete" and not the "lack of tactical prowess from the coach to adapt?".

Its very easy to say "i dont win because i dont have a cavani"---- but then why he doesnt try to find another way to take the team further instead of bitching about falcaos and cavanis to carry him in the CL?.

BOTH PARTIES need to work for it.

If he think he is at the top of his managerial prowess, and that just the lack of Cavanis is preventing this team to savour CL glory, he is deeply mistaken.

we all KNOW he needs players, but come on... im not totally buying this "cycle" excuse.

.AB.

Mafioso
Jul 15, 2002
LOL @ all the ungreatful losers here bitching about him after Benfica.

He knows you need a lot of luck to win the CL no matter how much you spend. And the chances of him winning it is prolly 1/10 and he'll end up winning another scudetto which will not be as convincing as this and and some people will call it a failure. He wants to achieve and wants to be appreciated, just like anyone with the kind of passion he has. Where as if he moves Monaco even winning the title by a single point will be deemed a success.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 367)