Antonio Conte (383 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
Agnelli family are proud people and will not be held ransom by any coach. He's not gonna get them to spend massive amounts on 2-3 world class players just like that, so if that's his ultimatum then yes, he's gone.

Hopefully they can settle on a compromise.

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
Well we either buy players which will help us establish ourselves as a top club again, or Conte ends up leaving and unlike most clubs we start next season in a worse off position

It's a no brainer really, we'll be fine with FFP but we need proper investment. If a Juve legend leaves us because we lack ambition, what message does that send to top players?

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Agnelli family are proud people and will not be held ransom by any coach. He's not gonna get them to spend massive amounts on 2-3 world class players just like that, so if that's his ultimatum then yes, he's gone.

That's the only downside to Conte's character, he is an all or nothing kind of guy. He knows we can't just go and spend out of control.

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
It's not just losing Conte, but losing Conte will lead to an exodus of players. You really think the likes of Pogba, Vidal even Tevez would want to play for cunts like mancini and allegri???
Well, Mancini & Allegri should not be candidates. They're not bad coaches, but it would be a huge step down.

The only coach I could see taking us further would be DD. But he's not going anywhere.

Not a fan of Prandelli either.

The Zidane-idea is kind of intriguing, but a huge gamble.

Fuck, I hope Conte stays :cry:

kao_ray

Feb 28, 2014

From the article in football-italia I get the idea that he wants to start a new cycle (getting a lot of new players) but on the other hand he is not sure if he can make this team stronger... :confused:

DUKAC

Feb 29, 2012
:cry:

the way he was speaking post game sounds like he's going
Exactly,after I saw the interview on SKY I am pretty sure that he will leave.Ha says that he can not make more with this Juve than in this 3 years.From every word it is stated that he is leaving.Fuck.Sometimes I hate his stubborn ideas and late changes,but his passion about this club is huuuuge .I will miss him a lot.

Fint

Aug 13, 2010
I still remember the reaction on this forum when there was talk of Conte being hired, can only imagine the madness that will ensue if he leaves and we begin the search for a replacement.

DUKAC

Feb 29, 2012
We're back to third place and beyond if he leaves.
And wait few years to win something.Changing one idiot to another,well,not an idiot exactly but nearly.It will be painful.See what Conte is saying."This thing goes in cycles",which means this cycle is over.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Its clear as water that Conte cannot compete with top teams as it is.. but his way of doing things is annoying. He is publicly pressuring the board, thats low.
But well, we also need to know what Agnelli said to him. As i said before... both parts need to give something. Agnelli cannot demand CL glory the way the team is... but come on ...Conte dont go out and say things like this.

Its pretty clear soemthing went wrong between Conte and the Board. No 2 ways about it.

Still... i think Conte is to full of himself and thinks he is better than he in fact is....but if he is gone...what i really fear is that it will drastically change the team atmosphere. Players love him, and most of them have found newlife under Conte.
If he is gone, we will be pressed to find a proper replcamenet.. and on top of that players KNOW that If he left is because he thinks this team will not do good enought next year in the CL. On top of it all..the italian coaches avalable are all rejects-- (we all know the board will try to fill the hole with an italian bastard).

So, my only real good candidate to take us a step ahead would be ANcelotti

Vialli_92

Mar 7, 2013
Thank you Conte we broke Merda's record and we done it without needing Calciopoli to weaken our opponents. We are juve we set the benchmark then other teams find ways to put us down but we will never stay down.

Fint

Aug 13, 2010
It's not just losing Conte, but losing Conte will lead to an exodus of players. You really think the likes of Pogba, Vidal even Tevez would want to play for cunts like mancini and allegri???
Maybe Conte is thinking the same. He's got Agnelli by the balls if this is the case, he'll be obliged to give him the resources he wants otherwise he's off.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 379)