Antonio Conte (342 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.

fredrik

Aug 7, 2011
People who criticize Conte should look at our history. Our last European final was 11 years ago. If you think Conte can win in Europe with the likes of Giovinco, Osvaldo, Peluso, Isla etc. on the bench then you're delusional.
Its not really about winning eu cups, but more about progressing to teams much worse than juve, like galatasaray. Not beating københavn, nordskjelland. Going out against benfica who is or atleast should be considered lesser than juve. Its just not good enough in europa.

Buy on AliExpress.com
Mar 10, 2009
Serie A is too standard for us already. Conte better delivers next year. Period. Xero excuses.

I want to see formation changes... new players and new ideas.
I celebrated winning Serie A before the season even started.

I would compare Juve winning Serie A to Celtic winning the SPL,

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
If we had taken one of our many chances in the first half, especially that Vidal header, we'd he praising him hard.

I'm going to praise him, he did well but it just wasn't enough this time around.
This. Our finishing was awful through the two matches. His tactics were pretty good, there's something lacking in the mentality of our strikers and goal scorers in Europe and Conte has to take a little of the blame for that. It seems our players get really nervous on the ball around the opponents net in these big European matches this year. Part of that is mentality.

AOD4

Nov 24, 2004
Are people mad at Conte because we didnt create enough chances or because we didn't bury the chances?
I am mad cause with a record breaking team we cant even score a goal at home against Benfica when it matters. I am mad because Conte keeps hyping how great this team is , something that has not been achieved by Andrea's father and grand father. Conte gives alot of credit to himself but doesn't acknowledge the blame and weakness. Next thing he will say no Italian team will win is good enough to win the EL.

People keep on stressing back before Conte came.Well before Conte came, we didn't have the Stadium. Marotta didn't give us Pirlo and Vidal. We had abit of luck in the first season. Please don't make it look like we will forever rot at 7th place if Conte didn't come. No one is bigger than the club. Juventus created Conte not the other way round. He came he definitely had a hand in helping us win after we were languishing in the 7th spot for two straight seasons. League level, he does it, but seriously when he was banned the assistant are doing great job as well. Because we are bloody damn good for this league. We can self sustain after the first season, this team can continue winning in the league even without a coach because we are that damn good for the league.
That doesn't mean we can't criticize his inability to get the minimum of what your expect over this record breaking, highly rated team.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Its not really about winning eu cups, but more about progressing to teams much worse than juve, like galatasaray. Not beating københavn, nordskjelland. Going out against benfica who is or atleast should be considered lesser than juve. Its just not good enough in europa.
its not onlyt not enought... its plain embarrasing.

Im hoping agnelli storms that dressing room....and the ones who dont like it are free to go out.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
Marotta cannot find us players for the left flanc, particularly an LB, he has been looking for one for a decade now and he simply can't.
Conte has not that option, he has to adapt, the excess of CMs we have been accumulating, renders the 3-5-2 as the optimal solution for our material...
As for the forwards, Mrotta cannot compete with Napoli, Fiorentina and Galata for the Higuains, Rossis and Drogbas, so that we grab leftovers like Bendtr, Anelka and Osvaldo...

calmyournerves

▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐
Feb 18, 2012
I am mad cause with a record breaking team we cant even score a goal at home against Benfica when it matters. I am mad because Conte keeps hyping how great this team is , something that has not been achieved by Andrea's father and grand father. Conte gives alot of credit to himself but doesn't acknowledge the blame and weakness. Next thing he will say no Italian team will win is good enough to win the EL.

People keep on stressing back before Conte came.Well before Conte came, we didn't have the Stadium. Marotta didn't give us Pirlo and Vidal. We had abit of luck in the first season. Please don't make it look like we will forever rot at 7th place if Conte didn't come. No one is bigger than the club. Juventus created Conte not the other way round. He came he definitely had a hand in helping us win after we were languishing in the 7th spot for two straight seasons. League level, he does it, but seriously when he was banned the assistant are doing great job as well. Because we are bloody damn good for this league. We can self sustain after the first season, this team can continue winning in the league even without a coach because we are that damn good for the league.
That doesn't mean we can't criticize his inability to get the minimum of what your expect over this record breaking, highly rated team.
Word

AOD4

Nov 24, 2004
People who criticize Conte should look at our history. Our last European final was 11 years ago. If you think Conte can win in Europe with the likes of Giovinco, Osvaldo, Peluso, Isla etc. on the bench then you're delusional.
So now we are not good enough to even win the EL? Not good enough for the likes of Benfica ? Oh My.

I celebrated winning Serie A before the season even started.

I would compare Juve winning Serie A to Celtic winning the SPL,
The level of domination that is.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
Ok, here is the thing. Conte can play as DEFENSIVELY AS HE WANTS. I don't care, hell, even Real Madrid and Chelsea play defensively. But make sure you always have more than 1 player(tevez) who can create something to win you the game.

This notion that you can't play defensively with good offensive players is absurd. Real use Ronaldo, Bale, Di Maria and Benzema and still manage to park the bus and close out all the space. Same thing with Chelsea who at least have Hazard, Willian Oscar out there to counter or attack with.

abstract

Mar 3, 2012
Conte: 'Benfica don't deserve Final'

Antonio Conte complained about the referee and Benfica time-wasting. “The team that least deserved it went through.”

The Coach spoke to Sky Sport Italia after a 0-0 Europa League semi-final, which sent the Portuguese through thanks to their 2-1 first leg win.

“What didn’t work was that we didn’t get that incident going our way. It’s a shame, as these games are right on the limit, Benfica obstructed us at every turn and the referee allowed them to do it.

“He gave six minutes of stoppages when we were already three in without playing, so it took us for a ride,” said Conte of English referee Mark Clattenburg.

“It’s a shame, as with two shots on target over two legs Benfica went through. Over the two games Juventus certainly deserved to go through.

“I think Juventus gave all they had. It is an exciting, but also very exhausting season, because for the first time we’ve reached the final stages of European competition.

“I don’t think we saw a team struggling to stay on its feet tonight. They ran from the first to the 95th minute. It was a strong performance, we didn’t get the lucky moment we needed to change the game, so in that sense Benfica were more fortunate.

“It was a real pity, as in the first leg there was a red card and penalty for the elbow on Chiellini, while tonight there was an obvious penalty not given. The team that least deserved it went through.

“You just have to look at the statistics. Benfica had two shots on target over two legs. That was it. They have international experience and showed it tonight, as down to 10 men they stopped us playing and I am truly disappointed the referee allowed them to get away with that.”

The Europa League Final will be at the Juventus Stadium on May 14 between Sevilla and Benfica.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 4, Guests: 337)