Antonio Conte (22 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Aug 1, 2003
I think Conte is to be partly blamed for last night's performance. All of our performances/approach to Europe this season has been in this manner - we seem very reserved and unmotivated, only to lose our marbles and panic for no apparent reason - this is already beyond the team that we have, as it's been a trend of our attitude in Europe this season which is vastly different than in Serie A. I do not think it has anything to do with how competitive these two are either, it's a mental thing. Conte needs to get the bottom of it

Roman

-'Tuz Fantasy Master-
Apr 19, 2003
More BS here.

He decided the ridiculously weak lineup (when it comes to the wings) - this lack of attack on the wings meant our whole team was impotent. That's Conte's fault. The team is rarely raring to go against weak sides in Europe. It's no wonder we've won 30 Scudettos but only 2 CL's, our club thinks it's more important and prestigious.
We do have a problem with our approach in Europe,not enough or maybe too much confidence, i don't know,but there some problem.

BUT you are wrong about the lineup selection.
What do you expect him to do when he has 11 games in 30 days coming?
Including games vs Torino,3 times vs Rats,Milan and Napoli.
Of course we need to rotate!you can't run the same line up every 3 days.
So if you have to chose a good game to give a few guys a rest of course it is the Trabzon game.and at home.
He has to rely on the backups as well.that's why we have them.
He's not guilty that the backups (not only them)sucked big time against a weak opponent...
He didn't expected that.
It was obvious he thought that Isla and Peluso would be enough.And I can understand that,but when he saw that the second goal didn't come,he threw in more guys to help.

And hey,that's the bench you have,what can you do now?if you want to rotate you have no choices but to use them.You just need to pick the right games and opportunities.They disappointed yes,and it's not his fault.But then again,almost everyone else played bad as well.

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
I think Conte is to be partly blamed for last night's performance. All of our performances/approach to Europe this season has been in this manner - we seem very reserved and unmotivated, only to lose our marbles and panic for no apparent reason - this is already beyond the team that we have, as it's been a trend of our attitude in Europe this season which is vastly different than in Serie A. I do not think it has anything to do with how competitive these two are either, it's a mental thing. Conte needs to get the bottom of it
Because the only objective all along this year has been to win that 3rd straight Scudetto.I think we'll go out to Fiorentina in the next round.

JBF

اختك يا زمن
Aug 5, 2006
Couldn't agree more, but I do also believe it's a tactical issue as well. Any team playing on the wings with pace always seem to cause us trouble. Playing 3-5-2 simply exposes the team like a slut in a church.

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008
Theoretically speaking, I think we find ourselves in the same situation that we had under Capello's years here right now.

A team that is so dominant domestically using a certain formation that is less creative yet so compact against Italian teams. But when we play in Europe it's a total different play ground to us.

I feel like Conte is trapped in that situation, he can't simply switch his formation because we're doing so well in Italy but we'll find ourselves constantly underachieving in Europe.

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
The best way to break that cycle is re-build somewhat during the Summer, then you have an entire pre-season of training to adapt to a 4-3-3. Or in the case of some of our players we re-adapt, considering our defence are no strangers to a back 4 and we played 4-3-3 when Conte initially arrived

Another huge problem with the 3-5-2, is when our starting wing-backs aren't playing, the formation turns to shit. We essentially play with 9 men at times.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 19)