Antonio Conte (147 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Conte really blasting Capello. :lol:
fucking loved it :D

- - - Updated - - -

Antonio Conte gave Fabio Capello both barrels after he criticised Juventus this week. “There’s more stink in his house.”

This week former Juve Coach Capello gave an interview suggesting Conte’s team couldn’t succeed in Europe because Serie A was not competitive enough, so it was too easy for them to win the Scudetto.

Maybe next year I’ll ask us to be enrolled in the Premier League... I’d say someone who makes these comments is annoying and disrespectful to record-breaking campaigns over two years,” Conte told Sky Sport Italia.

“Capello’s sides broke records and their two titles were revoked, but I don’t remember their style of football. I remember Marcello Lippi’s team and even Giovanni Trapattoni's, as they played well, but Capello’s era is famous only for the revocation.

“I think this Juventus is more complete in every area than my first season. We were on a charge the first time and were the only side to stop Zlatan Ibrahimovic’s Milan winning the Scudetto.

“This is the third season and in my view we have improved in every respect: tactically, physically and psychologically.”

Capello also criticised Conte’s decision to take away Juve’s day off after a 2-2 draw with Hellas Verona last week.

“I didn’t expect any particular response. It can happen that I need to raise my voice a bit to keep us on the right path, but after the draw in Verona it was only right we didn’t just ignore that. I simply made the squad notice we shouldn’t drop points if we are to achieve something historic with a third consecutive Scudetto.

“History teaches us that keeping the concentration for three years in a row is not simple. This Juventus side is achieving it, but when there are moments I see the tension drop then it’s up to me to revive it. Some say I do that badly, some don’t.

“I can’t do anything now without everyone asking for a poll on whether I 'slapped’ the players or hand-fed them. I don’t like people who try to act like teachers when they don’t know the situation and frankly ought to look into their own houses, as there’s probably more stink there.”

Conte also snapped at the crowd in the Juventus Stadium when they jeered Sebastian Giovinco during a 3-1 win over Chievo.

“I find it truly unfair this atmosphere that has emerged around Giovinco. I don’t even want to talk about it. Everyone should look to their conscience.”

Again the Bianconeri were 2-0 up at half-time only to concede straight after the restart, though this time it was a Martin Caceres own goal.

“It is difficult to keep the same intensity for 95 minutes. At the moment we can’t afford not to, as the moment we drop the concentration levels by a millimetre anything could happen.

“Chievo scored with their first chance, which to be honest we scored ourselves! There are moments in a season when any shot can turn into a goal, so you’ve got to watch out with Roma and Napoli coming up behind you.”

:D

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
We've played 16 games in the CL

Wins against Shakhtar, Chelsea, Nordsjaelland, Celtic X2 and Copenhagen. 6 wins

Losses against Bayern X2, Madrid, Galatasaray. 4 Losses

Draws against Copenhagen, Galatasaray, Nordsjaelland, Madrid, Chelsea, Shakhtar. 6 draws

I don't think 6 wins out of 16 is excellent by any means. Especially considering how poor most of these teams were. We played 4-3-3 against Madrid granted but it was a makeshit 4-3-3 with a striker and a CM on the wings.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Lol why does a 4-3-3 Limit Vidal?

This is a gigantic myth. 4-2-3-1, yes. 4-3-3 No.
Yup, but people are obsessed with formations for all the wrong reasons...
is there any chance he'll play something different from 3-5-2 against trabzon?
The important thing is to have suitable players and the right balance. Usually that that latter requires 4 players who'll stay back most of the time, whether they're CBs, FBs, DMs or some other players that coach chooses for this task. Some teams with formations that rely on 4 men defense have 2 CBs, FB and DM that stay back to provide cover, then in 4-2-3-1 you usually have 2 CBs and 2 DMs, etc... We have 3 CBs, but what I find somewhat displeasing and it's been evident in CL is that Asamoah and Licht have limited contribution when faced against European elite and our 3CBs are left exposed at times, Tevez can't make a difference... Player capable of beating his man on a regular basis is what this team needs as another alternative in our game, otherwise we'll be rather predictable side to face, whether he's AM, RWF, SS... we need someone with more talent in the final 3rd than what we have now. Till then getting to QFs will be our maximum.

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
Agreed we need one or two players who are quick, direct and can take their man on

Unlike pretty much every top European team we don't have a single player who can really get in behind the opposition or force them on the back foot with some trickery.

We end up playing 1-2's infront of their defence slowly then working it back and out to the flanks for an inevitable failed cross to come in

Somebody like Cuadrado and Lavezzi on the flanks would give us genuine pace and give the opposition something to think about rather than a static team.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Capello's Juve was a complete disaster. At least Conte's Juve actually shows up to play football. Capello had a point about Serie A being weak, everybody knows that. But he still sucks as a manager.

Apr 8, 2013
Capello’s era is famous only for the revocation

not a very wise thing to say conte
He said that those Scudetti were UNFAIRLY revoked... (litteral: it was a bullshit to revoke those Scudetti :D).

He said that Capello's Juve played pretty bad, despite of having great champions, and that's true, and that maybe he's worrying that this team could break his record (91 pts). :D

However Capello was very arrogant to criticize the methods of a trainer who's winning so much, even because in the last 20 years his teams has always underperformed, and his successes at Milan were hardly due to his credit. He's a great personality and solidity to be a coach, but for sure he's not a great tactician.

j0ker

Capo di tutti capi
Jan 5, 2006
Fuck Capello indeed, with the team we had back then we should have won CL and not got knocked out by Liverpool and Arsenal.

Add to that the way we played, the most boring football ever.

:sergio:

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Fuck Capello indeed, with the team we had back then we should have won CL and not got knocked out by Liverpool and Arsenal.

Add to that the way we played, the most boring football ever.

:sergio:
In his defense both teams that eliminated us were CL finalists, Liverpool even winning it. :D But screw him. We indeed played boring football.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 139)