Antonio Conte (178 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.

napoleonic

Sep 7, 2010
but I honestly don't think the first gameplan was catenaccio though, it was more like our players got muscled out and thus forced us to catenaccio as plan b; I wonder what would've happened if we didn't get that early goal.

LowLife

Jan 7, 2011
There is something about him that I like very much is that fact that he is very unpredictable. They expected us to play possession football, and we do otherwise, Next game probably they'll come to turin and thinking they'll dominate the game with lots of crosses and corners, but it will happen the opposite.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
but I honestly don't think the first gameplan was catenaccio though, it was more like our players got muscled out and thus forced us to catenaccio as plan b; I wonder what would've happened if we didn't get that early goal.
This really.

IMO it was more a stroke of luck than a carefully planned catenaccio. Thats just my impresion.

IMO, no coach on their sane mind would let that kind of pressure to his team on purpouse. We were in serious trouble after our goal.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Juve were never in serious trouble.

Sure, they weren't able to break Celtic's pressing game, but Juve never really looked like they were in real danger of conceding.

napoleonic

Sep 7, 2010
This really.

IMO it was more a stroke of luck than a carefully planned catenaccio. Thats just my impresion.

IMO, no coach on their sane mind would let that kind of pressure to his team on purpouse. We were in serious trouble after our goal.
yup, one of the reason I don't like 3-5-2/5-3-2 hybird against teams with multiple wing players, 3-5-2 will be pressed hard starting from the wings, then one of the CMs will need to cover... eventually negating the number advantage on the center, having a defensively weak CM like pirlo will further punish that 3-5-2.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Juve were never in serious trouble.

Sure, they weren't able to break Celtic's pressing game, but Juve never really looked like they were in real danger of conceding.
thats true,,, but it also ahd to do with celtic presenting a pathetic attacking display. Barca would have scored like 3 in that situation.

TrezJuve

May 26, 2010
I didn't like our approach to the game at first and Celtic's pressure and athleticism surely contributed to it, but I think it was perhaps the best way to play them.

I think I'm still surprised we were actually good on the counter.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
thats true,,, but it also ahd to do with celtic presenting a pathetic attacking display. Barca would have scored like 3 in that situation.
Juve wouldn't employ the same tactics against Barca that they did against Celtic.

Celtic have no creativity, so there was no need to be concerned about anything except high balls in the box.

Against Barca, you have to be concerned about exerything except high balls in the box.

Dec 24, 2012
Juve wouldn't employ the same tactics against Barca that they did against Celtic.

Celtic have no creativity, so there was no need to be concerned about anything except high balls in the box.

Against Barca, you have to be concerned about exerything except high balls in the box.
Well said. I wonder how we'd play against Barca.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 176)