Antonio Conte (326 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
well without the 3 man, we were conceding like crazy, besides the main reason we opted for that is that we lacked a LB

Licht Caceres Barza Peluso/DC seems decent enough doesnt it?
Your point is invalid. Right now we keep conceding 'like crazy'. Is Barazgli - Marrone - Caceres looking better? If so congratz to you. An inexperienced CM will play near Caceres who's not a cb also and don't forget DC/Peluso will be on the left wing anyway, no matter which formation you propose. Keeping playing players out of position led us to this, we need to start with something different.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Sjaban

Dec 29, 2012
I can't believe some people would play 3 man defense with only one proper cb, who's close to 4th yellow too. Some people see Conte as god who never makes mistakes and turn off their brains I guess. He's done a lot of mistakes lately and it's only our fault we're in mess like that right now. Playing players out of position, putting a fresh lb as cb in his very first days here and also playing two wingers in 2-man attack. Lack of will, slow buildup play and long balls on Quag / Giovinco alla Del Neri days.

It's time to get back to what gave us our strength last season. High pressing with wingers who do a lot of work (4-4-2 or 4-3-3) and playing the ball faster on the ground instead of Bonucci's long balls. This team has to wake up as a unit and kill opposition with aggression and will to win. If someone is tired or can't make it just bench him. It's not like there's somebody who deserves starting spot right now.

Lol @ people who prefer to play 3 man defense with Marrone over Isla as RWF.
Spot on mate

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
one thing i've noticed with de ceglie, isla, lichtsteiner, and asamoah, none of them ever look up before they cross, its just blind crosses all the time which is why 8/10 times it rarely even beats the first man, that has been my main criticism about this system.
if you played football in any league but the very lowest, you would know that there are hardly any situations where you cross for a player that stands still in the penalty box. crosses like this are way to easy to defend. the only situation where you cross for someone specific is when you have numerical advantage and try to connect with a player who is unmarked.

in crowded penalty areas as those we play against you need to play the ball with enough force into space between defender and goal for a striker to run into and score, that's why the movement of the striker is essential. vucinic can't do that. quagliarella can make those runs but only very limited. the situation where lichtsteiner crossed and quags nearly scored was symptomatic for the crosses you want. it went in behind the defenders and all it takes for the striker is to anticipate the cross a bit earlier than the defender and he has a very easy chance to score.

the fact that our wing players don't look up before crossing is also as already pointed out due to their difficulty even going past their man, so when they are finally in a position to cross they used so much of their energy to get past that one player that the accuraccy and time for a good cross onto a target are not available anymore.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
I can't believe some people would play 3 man defense with only one proper cb, who's close to 4th yellow too. Some people see Conte as god who never makes mistakes and turn off their brains I guess. He's done a lot of mistakes lately and it's only our fault we're in mess like that right now. Playing players out of position, putting a fresh lb as cb in his very first days here and also playing two wingers in 2-man attack. Lack of will, slow buildup play and long balls on Quag / Giovinco alla Del Neri days.

It's time to get back to what gave us our strength last season. High pressing with wingers who do a lot of work (4-4-2 or 4-3-3) and playing the ball faster on the ground instead of Bonucci's long balls. This team has to wake up as a unit and kill opposition with aggression and will to win. If someone is tired or can't make it just bench him. It's not like there's somebody who deserves starting spot right now.

Lol @ people who prefer to play 3 man defense with Marrone over Isla as RWF.
WOW, just WOW. You saved me days of arguments.

How about I offer you a job?

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
I just posted a picture from our first match against Milan last season, we were so young as a team but still we played like heroes, we didn't give them an inch. A performance like this is something I am yet to see this season.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
I just posted a picture from our first match against Milan last season, we were so young as a team but still we played like heroes, we didn't give them an inch. A performance like this is something I am yet to see this season.
Even though I agree with you, but once this season started, we were playing very maturely I thought. Effective football but not as flashy, which is one of the reasons I believe Conte sticked to the 3-5-2. It's like we don't want to conserve any energy unnecessarily. As time went by, I'm not sure if we got either lazy or arrogant, in expecting ourselves to win with minimum effort. Obviously this can't be done due to our poor attack.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 4, Guests: 321)