Antonio Conte (370 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.

BillyG

Caribbean Ultra
Nov 25, 2006
This the points that I think Conte should adress, i could be wrong but those are my main concern, some could be adressed by signing some good players, some i fear are chronique. :scared:

- His love for the italians players.
- Him prefering hard working players over creative ones
- His constant changing of the formations, he should stick to the one clearly working wich is the 4-3-3
- the fear to loose always damage our chances to win.
- His weird substitutions.
add to that his stuuborn belief in tthe failed 3-5-2. It worked against milan that first time cuz it was new. Everytimg after that has been abject failure, particularly against the smaller teams

Buy on AliExpress.com

Fake Melo

Ghost Division
Sep 3, 2010
the players did look tired and you would be a fool to think that it didn't impact us, what else was i meant to say about the game? fuck bonucci? yes we all knew that already so what else? i've already said Conte is a human like anyone else mistakes are made, you think allegri never makes mistakes? you think mourinho the same? or what about fergusson? they all make mistakes.

---------- Post added 04.03.2012 at 14:36 ----------

because believe it or not 2nd is better than 7th!
Save the speech, Badass. Everyone here appreciates what Conte has done so far.

We only want to push for more, and after matches like yesterday criticism is due to everyone in the team. Why would Conte get an exception? If it was the second or third game of the season, I'd say we'll see with time. Here we are fighting for the Scudetto, we can't drop points like we did yesterday.

Everyone will get their fair share of criticism, there are no exceptions.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
I don't buy the theory that Conte is playing not to be defeated.

It doesn't explain why after taking the lead our players relax so much and when we concede we go in attack in the last 10-15 minutes, shooting from every weapon, leaving the defense super exposed to counters.
That's not how you play if your goal is not to be defeated.

With the exception of 2-3 matches against stronger teams and a couple of matches against smaller teams where we played so nonchalantly, as if we thought the win will come by itself (Siena at home and Chievo away), we always pushed for the win, at least in the last 10-15 minutes.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
Stop blaming Conte. Again finishing Chances failed us again.
Giach and Padoin should have scored both and would have been 3-1 instead of 1-1.
But it's not even about the chances that we created/missed, it was our approach to the game which was all wrong.

Playing at home against a minnow side, we didn't keep pressing them. Instead we brought on Caceres for Marchisio at 1-0 up. Inexcusable.

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008
I don't buy the theory that Conte is playing not to be defeated.

It doesn't explain why after taking the lead our players relax so much and when we concede we go in attack in the last 10-15 minutes, shooting from every weapon, leaving the defense super exposed to counters.
That's not how you play if your goal is not to be defeated.

With the exception of 2-3 matches against stronger teams and a couple of matches against smaller teams where we played so nonchalantly, as if we thought the win will come by itself (Siena at home and Chievo away), we always pushed for the win, at least in the last 10-15 minutes.
That's been a trend that I noticed for a long time.

Oggy

and the Cockroaches
Dec 27, 2005
he will never be world class if he make a substitution by replacing a midfielder with a defender while leading 1-0 against mediocre team at HOME :D
I disagree.

Remember last year Community Shield when United was two goal down at HT, and Ferguson replaced two central defenders in that game and won in the end.

I'm not defending Conte, but he probably had a plan. Right after we made a sub we conceded a goal so we had to change our formation again and that's the point where everything went downhill.

Conte should work on our nonchalant approach and stop playing 3-5-2, and that's all IMO

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
But it's not even about the chances that we created/missed, it was our approach to the game which was all wrong.

Playing at home against a minnow side, we didn't keep pressing them. Instead we brought on Caceres for Marchisio at 1-0 up. Inexcusable.
What's wrong with doing that when the team looks deadbeat and winning the game? Chievo had just thrown on an attacking midfielder and a striker for a right midfielder and central midfielder.

buffon<3

Feb 4, 2012
I disagree.

Remember last year Community Shield when United was two goal down at HT, and Ferguson replaced two central defenders in that game and won in the end.

I'm not defending Conte, but he probably had a plan. Right after we made a sub we conceded a goal so we had to change our formation again and that's the point where everything went downhill.

Conte should work on our nonchalant approach and stop playing 3-5-2, and that's all IMO
ferguson were playing against mc while we playing against chievo dude , maybe conte should learn from ferguson :D

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
What's wrong with doing that when the team looks deadbeat and winning the game? Chievo had just thrown on an attacking midfielder and a striker for a right midfielder and central midfielder.
If players look deadbeat but your tactics are correct, the most logical solution would be like for like changes so that the team can keep playing according to the game plan. Those changes Conte made don't seem like bad ideas, but they were. As we've began to understand this season, a good offense is sometimes the best defense. We sat back and they began attacking is there any wonder there a shift in momentum occurred?

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Were they bad ideas because they were genuine bad ideas, or because of the outcome, ie Chievo scoring shortly afterwards? I mean, we could have had this discussion many more times this season with plays that we just about got away with because of top class defending, goalkeeping or a bit of luck.

Is a sub only good if it reaches the desired intention; defending a goal, scoring a goal etc?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 367)