Antonio Conte (311 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
Why not? Especially to mid table teams. Remember Ranieri was fired for going 7 games without a win, he didn't lose either. We still seem to have the same problem from all the previous years.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
Why not? Especially to mid table teams. Remember Ranieri was fired for going 7 games without a win, he didn't lose either. We still seem to have the same problem from all the previous years.
Because Elia, it seems, is not good enough.

I'm not defending Conte here, I just want to know what others think was his fault today. I can't come up with much.

And unlike Ranieri, we're still first (or at east second by then end of the round).

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006

I'm not defending Conte here, I just want to know what others think was his fault today. I can't come up with much.

And unlike Ranieri, we're still first (or at east second by then end of the round).
can't blame Conte for anything specific, team was not clinical enough, end of.

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008

Not today's game, ultimately us drawing 8 games. He bears the brunt for that, just like how I've praised him for our improved performance this season. It does, in the end rest with him. Today the general demeanor of the team and taking off three front at the same time was his fault.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005

Just off the top of my head:

Starting Bonucci
Starting Pepe
Playing Krasic
Taking Mirko off and putting Borriello on.

ThirdStar

You know it's comin'
Jul 5, 2011
Come to think of it, he could have not brought Krasic on.
That's true. Elia should've came on! But he fielded his most consistent 11 for 70 minutes and they weren't clinical enough.

It's just one of those games. Too early in the season to panic ;)

Starting Bonucci
Starting Pepe
Playing Krasic
Taking Mirko off and putting Borriello on.
Hard to bench Pepe this season, with his 5 goals and 2 assists to be honest. You never know when it's going to be "his game". But Elia for this type of game is a better choice, yes.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
Not today's game, ultimately us drawing 8 games. He bears the brunt for that, just like how I've praised him for our improved performance this season. It does, in the end rest with him. Today the general demeanor of the team and taking off three front at the same time was his fault.
Idk, I think we've been overachieving thanks mostly to him and now our expectations are too high. He has made some mistakes, but I find it hard to "blame" him for getting so much draws when we're undefeated and top of the table which is well above my expectations.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
i think people just need to chill the f*ck out and take a step back for a bit and bring themselves to the reality that in terms of quality we are not at the level of Milan, but we need to remember that despite a few bad results you can't expect a miracle. We are far from the finished article but the signs are still promising. Sure as hell still looks different to the Juventus of the last 2 seasons and there are a lot of positives to take from this season so far, it is only a shame that many only judge Juve from 1 week to the next and not look at the over all picture.

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
i think people just need to chill the f*ck out and take a step back for a bit and bring themselves to the reality that in terms of quality we are not at the level of Milan, but we need to remember that despite a few bad results you can't expect a miracle. We are far from the finished article but the signs are still promising. Sure as hell still looks different to the Juventus of the last 2 seasons and there are a lot of positives to take from this season so far, it is only a shame that many only judge Juve from 1 week to the next and not look at the over all picture.
what the fuck kind of defeatist post is this.

have to be 'realistic' and not expect us to smash let alone beat Cagliari at home?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 4, Guests: 306)