Antonio Conte (13 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Fake Melo

Ghost Division
Sep 3, 2010
Conte: 'I've come home to Juve'

Antonio Conte has held his first Press conference as Juventus Coach. “It’s like coming home.”
The former Bianconeri player spent much of his career in Turin, including with the captain’s armband, and has officially replaced Gigi Del Neri on the bench.

“I thank the club, as for me it’s like coming home,” were his opening words.

“There are some ideas about football that have gone throughout my career, but they also evolve when faced by the players at my disposal.

“I like my teams to have the ball. We have to dictate the game. My sides must stay 'short' and I don't like them to sit back.

“The spirit of Juve is about sacrifice, dedication and the culture of hard work above all else.”

There has been much speculation on the Juventus transfer strategy under Conte, including some players who have already been signed, like Andrea Pirlo.

“We will talk it over with Beppe Marotta to create an important team. We are both in sync with regards to our ideas,” continued the tactician.

"I have great love for Juventus, but if there were not certain guarantees and an imp project then I wouldn't have said yes.

“Pirlo and Claudio Marchisio are the ideal Juve players and I’m happy to have them in my side.

“Alessandro Del Piero and Gigi Buffon must be an added value for the team and I expect them to get nothing wrong.

“There are important foundations already in place, so we do not need to revolutionise the squad. We need to give them motivation. The desire to prove themselves is crucial.

“Juventus have a wonderful infrastructure and everything a Coach needs to do well.”

F-I.net

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)