Antonio Conte (33 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
I realize this is hyperbole on part of FIF but there should be some decency. Whats worse is that no one really objected to such criminal mentality on FIF. Who talks about killing someones family unless you are a jerk or immature.

- - - Updated - - -

Even their moderators didn’t seem to care.
As much as I hate Conte, I would never dream of hurting him- not even a fake hair on his head.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Conte's dire Champions League record

Conte-2011-Inter-ufff-epa_0.jpg

EPA.png

It is often said that Antonio Conte doesn’t deliver in the Champions League, but the statistics show he won just three of his last 15 games in the competition.

The Nerazzurri crashed out in the group stage for the second year running, but this was the first time that this club has ever finished bottom of its group.

Conte has been criticised for his Champions League record and the figures do reflect a serious problem in this competition.

Representing Chelsea and Inter, Conte has won only three of his last 15 Champions League matches.

Those were 2-0 against Borussia Dortmund in October 2019, 3-1 away to Slavia Prague in November 2019 and 3-2 at Borussia Monchengladbach in December 2020.

They were the only bright spots among six draws and six defeats.

Including his time at Juventus, Chelsea and Inter, Conte’s total Champions League management record is 12 victories, 11 draws and 11 defeats.

The furthest he got in the tournament was the quarter-finals with Juventus in 2012-13, losing 4-0 on aggregate to Bayern Munich.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
I'd think he will be sacked or leave throwing a temper tantrum if they don't win the scudetto this season. There are really no excuses left for him this season.
Well on paper Juve>Inter so 2nd place behind Juve is understandable BUT the thing is Milan are currently doing what Inter cant - In this scenario I can definitely see him getting sacked

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
i can't see him being sacked anytime soon. inda already have spalletti on their wage bill, he gets 4,5-5m net until the end of this season. inda can't afford paying ~17m net for two coaches than aren't even working for the club.

either marotta bullies him into a tantrum jay mentioned, or he stays until his contract runs out at the end of next season.

Aug 26, 2014
Agree. The most we can is enjoy seeing him fail with Inter but unless they finish 3rd or 2nd behind Juventus he will be fired IMO.
I think he will finish 3rd.
I still don't think he will be fired, he's on 12M that is the biggest coach salary in Italy, plus they have other coaches on the payroll still :D

Niku

Jan 14, 2014
With that salary no way he is going to be sacked.
Inter will implode at the very first opportunity they start to lose matches.

Secret Plan B :rofl::rofl:

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Lol, what kind of comparison is that.
We lose in the final. Our group stage record is 95 progression%
Conte loses in the group stage. The only final he can reach is in the Europa League.
Fair point. But hence ... he is more Juve than Juve in the CL when it comes to underperformance and failure.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 29)