Antonio Conte (77 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Its mAdrid man. If you dont win with that team, where you can reshape the team at will with unlimited funds...then somethings wrong.

And he got sacked anyways for playing $#@!ty footie.
yeah, but they didnt win a title in 3 years and they had better teams than that season. and they were up against Barcelona who were champions of Europe and Spain at the time. they didnt play well but i liked watching them that season because it was a head to head until the end. there even was a situation where Real was down 2-1 and Barca up 2-1 at the same time and then Van Nistelrooy equalizes in the last minute and Barca concedes a goal in the last minute too so both games ended 2-2 and they stayed equal at the table. in the last matchday Barca won 5-1 and Real was 1-1 until the last 15-10 minutes and then Capello puts in Reyes who scores and assists for a 3-1 win. and Real still won only because of the better h2h (they won in Madrid and 3-3 in Barcelona with Messi hattrick and Van Nistelrooy 2 goals). and then there was Sevilla who was up there until the last matchday finishing 2-3 pts behind the top duo. yes, they had excellent players like Raul, Van Nistelrooy, Beckham (who had a great season, his only good season for Real imo), Cannavaro and Carlos but Capello did a great job to make them work, something coaches before him failed to do. at that time i didnt understand why would they fire someone who won them the title after 3 years against such a strong Barca team. today i think hes a shit coach who never did anything special in the CL and his slow game is outdated, i agree. im glad he didnt stay or come back at some point

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Its mAdrid man. If you dont win with that team, where you can reshape the team at will with unlimited funds...then somethings wrong.

And he got sacked anyways for playing shitty footie.
If anything he fixed madrid's defence hence why they won the league something they had gotten horribly wrong for years prior to his appointment. The likes Bernd schuster and luxemburgo were hired to play attractive football they got sacked for not winning and getting the fundamentals right, it's easy for you to criticise and hate on a manager for his boring football but sometimes being entertaining doesn't win you shit, just ask zeman

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
yeah, but they didnt win a title in 3 years and they had better teams than that season. and they were up against Barcelona who were champions of Europe and Spain at the time. they didnt play well but i liked watching them that season because it was a head to head until the end. there even was a situation where Real was down 2-1 and Barca up 2-1 at the same time and then Van Nistelrooy equalizes in the last minute and Barca concedes a goal in the last minute too so both games ended 2-2 and they stayed equal at the table. in the last matchday Barca won 5-1 and Real was 1-1 until the last 15-10 minutes and then Capello puts in Reyes who scores and assists for a 3-1 win. and Real still won only because of the better h2h (they won in Madrid and 3-3 in Barcelona with Messi hattrick and Van Nistelrooy 2 goals). and then there was Sevilla who was up there until the last matchday finishing 2-3 pts behind the top duo. yes, they had excellent players like Raul, Van Nistelrooy, Beckham (who had a great season, his only good season for Real imo), Cannavaro and Carlos but Capello did a great job to make them work, something coaches before him failed to do. at that time i didnt understand why would they fire someone who won them the title after 3 years against such a strong Barca team. today i think hes a $#@! coach who never did anything special in the CL and his slow game is outdated, i agree. im glad he didnt stay or come back at some point
Again, he had some pretty good players at his disposal. He is not that inept, but what i want to mean is that for a coach of his experience,, he locks himself in archaic catennaccio.

If anything he fixed madrid's defence hence why they won the league something they had gotten horribly wrong for years prior to his appointment. The likes Bernd schuster and luxemburgo were hired to play attractive football they got sacked for not winning and getting the fundamentals right, it's easy for you to criticise and hate on a manager for his boring football but sometimes being entertaining doesn't win you $#@!, just ask zeman
Those 2 you mentioned were shid coahes too. For everyone to see.
Madrid spend too much years failing also, because for some unholy reason, they fired del bosque who was a great coach....and then wandered with weird coaches until mourinho went there.

And Capello fixed what?. he defends with every player available. Thats why he sucks so much. He cares just about not losing and he is quite good at that...but he is not a coach to make your team go forward and try to win. And IMO, in this moder era of football, this is inexcusable.

Him suceeding is not a compliment in comparison with the failings of their predecessors,,,,and also,
If im not wrong... they had to duck it out against maybe the best barcelona teams ever... but thats doesnt mean that Wanderlei wasnt a fail..he was really a bad coach...and forsure not a coach of the pedigree real madrid deserved.

Zeman is a fail too. He is the other extreme. I dont know why you bring him to the conversation.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
i agree with you. Capello is a shit coach today. he maybe was a good coach 10-15 years ago, a good one, nothing special, but his brand of football is outdated and i cant see it working in todays football at all. the only thing i said is that i think his 2006/07 season was quite good, because Real were the underdog then. no matter how much they spent Barcelona was, since we got relegated, the best team at that time. if you win the league against such a team then thats quite an achievement. you might disagree but thats how i see it. finishing 1st after a season like that and against a team like that Barcelona was great. by both him and the players

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Again, he had some pretty good players at his disposal. He is not that inept, but what i want to mean is that for a coach of his experience,, he locks himself in archaic catennaccio.

Those 2 you mentioned were shid coahes too. For everyone to see.
Madrid spend too much years failing also, because for some unholy reason, they fired del bosque who was a great coach....and then wandered with weird coaches until mourinho went there.

And Capello fixed what?. he defends with every player available. Thats why he sucks so much. He cares just about not losing and he is quite good at that...but he is not a coach to make your team go forward and try to win. And IMO, in this moder era of football, this is inexcusable.

Him suceeding is not a compliment in comparison with the failings of their predecessors,,,,and also,
If im not wrong... they had to duck it out against maybe the best barcelona teams ever... but thats doesnt mean that Wanderlei wasnt a fail..he was really a bad coach...and forsure not a coach of the pedigree real madrid deserved.

Zeman is a fail too. He is the other extreme. I dont know why you bring him to the conversation.
Firstly I want to remind you that Capello had the highest win success rate with the England national team to any other manager. However you look at it Capello did a good job with Madrid got the team going back to basics and were an effective team, I don't think he nor madrid really believed that Capello would be at madrid in the long haul as it was no secret how much madrid wanted Mourinho at the time but had to wait till the end of the season for him.

As you said Capello knows how not to lose and yes he's not one that will be the pioneer to any club's future in the long run. At his age Capello is hardly going to change their beliefs or philosophy just as you wouldn't see Trapattoni adopting free flowing football and I'm sure in about 10-20 years time Guardiola won't change his when his style of football is outdated

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 74)