Antonio Conte (301 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
True. Instead of rotating the standard way, we play our starting XI in a long string of games then we end up replacing half the line-up with Peluso & friends. Really it would make more sense to play 1 or 2 of our sub-standard players in the league from time to time, instead of being forced to use most of our bench in one go.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Vialli_92

Mar 7, 2013
True. Instead of rotating the standard way, we play our starting XI in a long string of games then we end up replacing half the line-up with Peluso & friends. Really it would make more sense to play 1 or 2 of our sub-standard players in the league from time to time, instead of being forced to use most of our bench in one go.
I remember against Bayern he played the same team he played 3 days before in the league. He doesn't believe in rotating and Bayern were nice and fresh for that game.

radekas

( ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)
Aug 26, 2009
I don't really understand how is it possible to have a stronger squad than 2 years ago and yet play much more defensive football. I remember in 2011/12 we were keeping the pressure on most opponents for 90% of the game, now it's the opposite. Maybe it's because we only had Serie A that season, dunno.

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
I'm not trashing on the 3-5-2 here, because it's really gotten the best out of our players for 2 seasons running. However, the standard of football is frustrating as hell.

You have 2 makeshift wing-backs and 3 CBs, which goes without saying is far from ideal from an offensive standpoint. We have absolutely no Wingers and no attacking midfielder to give us that cutting edge. We're a really physical team but from a creative standpoint we're left relying heavily on our deep lying playmaker and our two forwards to bounce 1-2's off of each other and it's really predictable.

Even with an inferior squad, we were playing IMO our best football in the initial 4-3-3 system.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Formation has little significance here, we are talking game plan, approach, ideas to change things when things are not going well, the list is pretty long.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
Not when it comes to other teams - they just don't have the depth to play both league and cup. That's why I say Serie A aint such a bad league as people say it is.
I can't agree there. Italians don't take it seriously at all. Mazzarri said it while he was still with Napoli too.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
I don't really understand how is it possible to have a stronger squad than 2 years ago and yet play much more defensive football. I remember in 2011/12 we were keeping the pressure on most opponents for 90% of the game, now it's the opposite. Maybe it's because we only had Serie A that season, dunno.
Same reason why Roma are doing it this season.

Vialli_92

Mar 7, 2013
I'm not trashing on the 3-5-2 here, because it's really gotten the best out of our players for 2 seasons running. However, the standard of football is frustrating as hell.

You have 2 makeshift wing-backs and 3 CBs, which goes without saying is far from ideal from an offensive standpoint. We have absolutely no Wingers and no attacking midfielder to give us that cutting edge. We're a really physical team but from a creative standpoint we're left relying heavily on our deep lying playmaker and our two forwards to bounce 1-2's off of each other and it's really predictable.

Even with an inferior squad, we were playing IMO our best football in the initial 4-3-3 system.
Conte tried to fix something that wasn't broken, end result is this lack lustre 5-3-2 formation with predictable tactics.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 284)