Antonio Candreva (22 Viewers)

OP
Dostoevsky

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
  • Thread Starter #970
    Well we're not a top club, why should I lie to myself? We're good, but not a top club anymore. I do think some of our transfer were mediocre at best and our current targets are. It's just my opinion and I have no reason to hide.

And yes, I think Pietro would have done a better job than Marotta.

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
    Finally someone other than me believes that. We are not a top club anymore and anything we are doing in the market along with our results clearly reflects that. So why the big fuss?

JuveJay

Senior Signor
    Mar 6, 2007
    Well we're not a top club, why should I lie to myself? We're good, but not a top club anymore. I do think some of our transfer were mediocre at best and our current targets are. It's just my opinion and I have no reason to hide.

And yes, I think Pietro would have done a better job than Marotta.
    It's much easier being a ds at a small club, even Marotta knows that ;) If you make a good signing there people think you are a hero, at a big club people expect it and moan if it isn't forthcoming.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
    Mar 6, 2007
    Finally someone other than me believes that. We are not a top club anymore and anything we are doing in the market along with our results clearly reflects that. So why the big fuss?
    That's pretty obvious, although if we keep that mentality we will always be that way.

OP
    Dostoevsky

Dostoevsky

Tzu
    Administrator
    May 27, 2007
  • Thread Starter #975
    It's much easier being a ds at a small club, even Marotta knows that ;) If you make a good signing there people think you are a hero, at a big club people expect it and moan if it isn't forthcoming.
    I agree mate.

I just rate Pietro very high. :tup: I believe he'd make it, but I might as well be wrong.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
    Mar 6, 2007
    I agree mate.

I just rate Pietro very high. :tup: I believe he'd make it, but I might as well be wrong.
    It's a tough game at clubs with the expectation of ours, to be honest I don't think Marotta has quite appreciated the difference between Sampdoria and Juventus. It's like he is signing players he wished he could sign for Sampdoria, rather than signing players he wishes he could have for Juve. Maybe he thinks that with those players he and Delneri could get Samp into the CL every year so why wouldn't it work at Juve, but we have to think a bit bigger than that. When teams play Juve they give a lot more than they do for clubs like Sampdoria.

OP
    Dostoevsky

Dostoevsky

Tzu
    Administrator
    May 27, 2007
  • Thread Starter #978
    The fans are unable to do anything and the owners are not willing. It is either whine and weep or wait and hope.
    Yep, that's pretty much spot on.

It's a tough game at clubs with the expectation of ours, to be honest I don't think Marotta has quite appreciated the difference between Sampdoria and Juventus. It's like he is signing players he wished he could sign for Sampdoria, rather than signing players he wishes he could have for Juve. Maybe he thinks that with those players he and Delneri could get Samp into the CL every year so why wouldn't it work at Juve, but we have to think a bit bigger than that. When teams play Juve they give a lot more than they do for clubs like Sampdoria.
    I agree. Which makes this Juve not top club and our signings mediocre :wink:

OP
    Dostoevsky

Dostoevsky

Tzu
    Administrator
    May 27, 2007
  • Thread Starter #980
    I too like them but not because of this summer solo. I felt bad for them after Parmalat thing and I'm happy to see them in Serie A. Their transfers are pretty impressive IMO.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 22)