Antonio Candreva (20 Viewers)

Jul 10, 2006
I dont think we should sell melo, at least not until he is given a proper chance to settle. Candreva looks a great prospect, and is the attack minded type of player we were missing in the first half of the season, just because he is not 'big name' does not mean he is not good and can develop into a great player! Good game on Saturday.
I'd like to keep Melo, too. I love the guy and think he can succeed here.

Maybe we can keep both, Candreva looks like a good player for years to come.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
Feb 11, 2009
There's no doubt in my mind that we should keep Melo.

Candreva... we'd have to pay 7-8m for 50% of his contract. I'm not convinced yet.
Agreed.
He is doing fine. And we must remember that our team remains very low on confidence and solidity, so its hard for a player to come in and make a difference, but he is definitely trying, and in flashes, he is showing much for us to be happy with.

How his potential capture affects the future of Giovinco, I am unsure...A

Nicholas

MIRKO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jan 30, 2008
Barca want 11 million for Cacares and Udinese want 7 million for only half of Candreva so thats 18 million of our budget gone.

rounder

Blindman
Jun 13, 2007
11 million is just too much for Caceres but I would consider buying Candreva. He hasn't proven himself yet but he's definitely a good player to have on the team. He's quick, solid, and talented. It depends on our alternatives reallly. There are far better players out there than Candreva and if the board are willing to spend some money this summer then I don't see a place for him in this team.

In any case, I think he'll have a good number of games to prove to us that he deserves a place in this team. It really boils down to how well he performs from now on.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I'd take Caceres over Candreva. If we could teach him how to use his brain in the tackle, then he'd become a very solid player. Love his grit and passion. 10 million is a bit steep though, hope we can work down the option a bit, if possible.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Candreva would be a decent backup.

However, Juve are not in a position to be spending money on squad players right now.

The focus has to be on adding quality to the starting team.

El Santo

El Enmascarado de Plata
Nov 26, 2008
There's no doubt in my mind that we should keep Melo.

Candreva... we'd have to pay 7-8m for 50% of his contract. I'm not convinced yet.
:agree:

Candreva would be a decent backup.

However, Juve are not in a position to be spending money on squad players right now.

The focus has to be on adding quality to the starting team.
:agree: Mainly our defense.

Juve Libnan

Jun 20, 2007
well we might as well ship giovinco if hes never gona play for us..hes started how many games this season

id love for him to stay but id love to watch him play even more and if that means transferring him then so be it

candreva is looking good but he shouldnt cost more than 7-8 million for 100%...fuckin succo always bends over to the likes of udinese and palermo

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
If he continues to impress this season, then i think it may worthwhile buying him. For that amount is another question of course, but who knows, maybe we can offload a player in exchange to help lower the cost.

I think the big question is who and what will the new coach play in terms of tactics. Will there be room for Sissoko, Melo (if he stays), Marchisio and Candreva? Will the club look at wing backs or full backs...do we need wingers like Camo?

If we need 2 midfielders only, then sissoko, melo, marchisio and poulsen would be enough you would think. But if we 3 behind diego then there may be a case for candreva.

Keep in mind Camoranesi is injury prone and old and giovinco never plays...maybe both will be offloaded.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
sometimes i just wonder if secco ever negotiate deals !! 15 million for Candreva :shifty: says it all really....
Real spent 60 and 80 plus million on ronaldo and kaka. I'm thinking this allowed other teams to demand more for their players. I dont agree that we should pay 15 million, but is this going to be the standard for the market moving forward?

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
It feels like people are overrating Candreva quite a lot here because it's been such a long time since they saw someone run forward with the ball :D

Talking about him and Camo in the same sentence though...
Let's get a really good player instead.
Indeed, however, atm i would swap him with Camo, considering his age, lack of will and injury proneness!
Maybe a swap with Poulsen and them giving us some cash would as well do.
But nothing close at us throwing more than 5-7mil for yet another sub in the midfield.
At this point of time this guy's price, is higher than Giovinco and i dont think that he has shown the same promise Giovinco did!
Esp when we have an abundance of alternatives to use for free (Ekdal, Giovinco, Iago) or find in the market,
available to buy or to loan for lower sums, thousands of Cantrevas, for that sum...
Esp in the south American market!

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008
Real spent 60 and 80 plus million on ronaldo and kaka. I'm thinking this allowed other teams to demand more for their players. I dont agree that we should pay 15 million, but is this going to be the standard for the market moving forward?
There is something called "negotiation" in any business, i don't buy this whole theory about Real madrid inflating the market thats why we're spending big!!

Inter brought Sneijder for 15 mil, United brought valencia (who was rated as one of the best wingers in the premier league at the time) for 17 mil and we all know how inflated the premier league always been.

Point is you can always negotiate deals but secco doesn't bother its not he's money to worry about after all.....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 20)