Antonio Candreva (10 Viewers)

xkorpyon

Jan 13, 2008
Surprising to see he gets so much praise. The guy definitely has some qualities that other players of ours don't have, but he was barely involved most of the time.
:tup:

but he needs time to integrate...for what i saw he could really be the replacement for Camoranesi. He has talent and a superb shoot.

blondu

Grazie Ale
Nov 9, 2006
a big no for him getting camo's position, we need a wc player there not a livorno reject...but a big yes for him being a first choice substitution.

Ken

The Dutch Touch
Aug 17, 2007
Ahh here we go.. Let's just bury the man now because he's no 'Camo'. Let's be honest, who is? I don't know what you guys are expecting us to do on the transfer market any time soon, but I wouldn't get my hopes up.

What was it.. Diego is no Nedved either?

Just because he was played in a position that Camo would've taken were he not injured, doesn't mean he's gonna keep him out of our team? Or that he's supposed to be a Camo-clone?

And most people are simply just saying how he didn't do bad and was one of few who had some movement and initiative next to Diego, when he was on the ball. He needs to get involved more but it's not exactly an easy time to step into a team, nor are Inter away a walk in the park.

We might aswell think a bit more positive about him, it's not like he pulled a 'Grosso' on us.

blondu

Grazie Ale
Nov 9, 2006
i think i had enough with molis, tiagos , poulsens...i don't want to add candrevas there..he is here on loan for god's sakes...he will return back if he won't perform. So at 10-15 mils you can get some proper replacement for camo. And we didn't bring diego for neddy because neddy played in a position that diego never played in his life...it was a big name retired, and we bring a big name for balancing the team..

Ken

The Dutch Touch
Aug 17, 2007
i think i had enough with molis, tiagos , poulsens...i don't want to add candrevas there..he is here on loan for god's sakes...he will return back if he won't perform. So at 10-15 mils you can get some proper replacement for camo. And we didn't bring diego for neddy because neddy played in a position that diego never played in his life...it was a big name retired, and we bring a big name for balancing the team..
Well I remember people praising Diego after the first games, then moaning he wasn't a 'Nedved' when things didn't go so well. This whole comparing-thing usually doesn't make sense, that's exactly what I'm trying to say here.

And although I don't think Candreva will be part of our next generation team, he can still be decent for us long as he's here, but there's no need to go 'he's no Camo'. We all know he isn't.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
To clarify myself: I'm not comparing him to Camo or any other player, nor am I judging him so early on.
And I definitely agree when people point out that he has certain qualities that our other players are lacking.

I do however feel that he received unwarranted praise for last night's game. To me he was one of our worst 3 players. (If I'm not mistaken La Stampa even rated him as the worst.)
A game lasts 90 min, Candreva was only involved in, at most, 20-25 of them. Like I said in the match thread: what he did was perfectly fine, he just didn't do much.

Ken

The Dutch Touch
Aug 17, 2007
To clarify myself: I'm not comparing him to Camo or any other player, nor am I judging him so early on.
And I definitely agree when people point out that he has certain qualities that our other players are lacking.

I do however feel that he received unwarranted praise for last night's game. To me he was one of our worst 3 players. (If I'm not mistaken La Stampa even rated him as the worst.)
A game lasts 90 min, Candreva was only involved in, at most, 20-25 of them. Like I said in the match thread: what he did was perfectly fine, he just didn't do much.
That's basically how I feel, though I tend to be a bit more optimistic than most people. 'Atleast the things he did were good' :p

The position itself didn't seem to fit him as he was constantly moving into the middle, he's not the type of winger to take on the opponent and make a run alongst the side line. I think he'd do better just next to Diego or in a ( broken record, I know.. ) 4-2-3-1.

I just feel that he could offer us something more than he did given a different position, as his movement on the ball and vision, the times he did demonstrate it, seemed to be alright.

I'm not praising him as such, but alot of people had already judged him on 15 minutes against Roma and seem to think he's a Tiago all over again, already. I'm just not willing to judge him on a game like this under these circumstances.

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
The only decent pass in the game yesterday. Well, it was a great through ball to DC. I was shocked seeing a nice pass from one of our players. When he did that he was on the center, on the wing he's pretty useless. I hope Zac plays him in a central role.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
has to be played more centrally...Regista :snoop:
My thoughts too. He likes to run with the ball and its strange seeing one of our players other than Diego actually keep the ball while running. I wouldn't mind giving him a shot as a Regista. I say do it.

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
He is no winger. He's a offensive central midfielder and should play there.
Nearly every time he got the ball, he made a beeline for the middle of the pitch. Slight exaggeration, but you can tell he's much more comfortable there. He was ok, definitely made a few nice passes, but he didn't really add much in terms of width... which we seriously require. It was nice to see another player with some decent ball control in the lineup, though...

First match, difficult opponent, the kid definitely deserves some more PT before any fair judgements can be made.

j0ker

Capo di tutti capi
Jan 5, 2006
I agree. As I said before would like to see him ahead of Momo and Melo and just behind Diego.

Melo - Momo
Candreva
Diego​

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
No idea how that will work. Look, what we needed was a regista, not another box to box or attacking midfielder. We have Diego for the center of the pitch in front of the holding midfielders. So what we want to do now is play with two attacking midfielders, basically playing the same role? Again, no idea how that will work.

Only options are these with Candreva:

Candreva - Melo - Sissoko

Diego

or

Marchisio - Melo - Sissoko

Candreva - Diego

Amauri/Trez

If he can't play wing, then those are the only options for him. Again, it's a shame he can't play as a deep-lying playmaker because that's what we need. Or a creative right-winger. But he is neither.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
icεmαή;2342025 said:
Can't he play in the right of the 3 in the 4-2-3-1?
That ends up basically being a winger position. You can give it a try but if he doesn't feel comfortable out there, then I don't see the use. He's not a creative winger.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)