Antonio Candreva (12 Viewers)

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Candreva: 'I'll be worthy of Juve'
Wednesday 20 January, 2010
Antonio Candreva confessed he felt emotional after signing for the Turin giants. “I want to prove I am worthy of Juventus.”

The midfielder completed his complex transfer this evening, as he leaves Livorno six months early from his loan spell.

Udinese have agreed a deal to loan him to Juve with an option to buy at the end of the season for a reported £6.5m.

“It is a dream come true and I cannot wait to start this new adventure,” Candreva told Sky Sport Italia cameras straight after the meeting with Bianconeri directors.

He could even be in the starting XI for Saturday night's clash with Roma

“I don't know, tomorrow I'll be at the disposal of my new teammates and the Coach. We'll see.

“I can say that 2010 has certainly got off to a brilliant start for me. I feel positive and I hope to win over the Coach and club to prove I am a player worthy of Juve.”

Candreva already has Italy caps under his belt and the move to Turin could boost his chances of being at the 2010 World Cup.

“For now I just want to concentrate on Juve and that's all. Am I emotional at this moment? Pretty much, yes.”

Marceℓℓo

Mar 16, 2007
Opinions on this lad mate?
Candreva is a very versatile and mobile midfielder with a pretty neat technique.If I were to compare him to anybody,it would probably be Marchisio except that Candreva is better offensively.He is by no means a regista (like Pirlo,D'Agostino),but he's no typical trequartista either as he's a hardworking player who drops deep to defend and get the ball as well. His vision isn't shabby either and he can play the deadly pass at times.

I think he could be very useful to us and the deal Secco pulled off is a very good one.He either shines and we use the option to buy or he blows under the pressure and we send him back to Udinese.Smart move by Secco.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
WTF, dont know what to make of it certainly didnt expect us getting him quickly and all be it on loan :lol: nevertheless welcome candreva hope you enjoy your stay and help it to prolong it for many seasons to come.

Edit: Thinking about it though if we cant change the coach, adding a new player could end up being a great idea especially considering our injury crisis.

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
yesssss,just what we need...another centrally minded midfield player,hopefully his arrival can help kick start our season and help make us far more productive down the wings where we are obviously overmanned:wallbang:

Jan 22, 2009
I checked Livorno's last 6 games, where he has never been on the field for full 90 minutes and was always a subbed for one of the strikers....basically he plays Diego's position in our 4-4-1-1

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Loan.. How serious is this money issue really?
Its not a money issue, but he is being loaned so he can get trial period so to speak to show he is worth buying. And Udinese wouldnt get much from him now, since he has only half a season of Serie A, so they also prefer a loan with a chance to improve his value. Thats basically it.

Loaning him is GOOD THING.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
His 1 goal wont matter though because Ze numero uno will score an hattrick for Roma.

Sing with me now :cool:

ritti, Scampi, et Chianti, calamari
Luca sei per me - NUMERO UNO

Cannelloni, Luca Toni, Pepperoni

Bella Donna, Mama Mia, Alimente
Ciao Ciao, Roma Roma, Ribery, Amore Mio

Mozzarella, Mortadella, Mit Nutella

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
Now Ciro can finally unleash his famous "Cock-n-Ballz" formation.
__x_x
___x
___x
___x
___x
x-x-x-x
___x
hey your ball on the right side there seems a little swollen,have you went to see the Doctor? don't want you doing a John Hartson on us now

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
I wonder if Lippi played a part in recommending him
Wouldn't bet against it.

His 1 goal wont matter though because Ze numero uno will score an hattrick for Roma.

Sing with me now :cool:

ritti, Scampi, et Chianti, calamari

Cannelloni, Luca Toni, Pepperoni

Bella Donna, Mama Mia, Alimente
Ciao Ciao, Roma Roma, Ribery, Amore Mio

Mozzarella, Mortadella, Mit Nutella
Luca Toni is a phony. Sing it!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 12)