Anti-Cannavaro Protest (2 Viewers)

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
well considering the Euro adventure he had last tournament, I think it would be very unwise to put him as Captain...

I'd rather put Nesta or Zambrotta...and definately Del Piero if he makes the first 11

Primo

Juventus FC - Philippines
Dec 20, 2002
ReBeL said:
300 of Lazio fans have signed a petition that asks for taking the italian National Team captain armband from Fabio Cannavaro because of his violent tackle against their player, Mudingayi.....

They wrote in their petition that Cannavaro will give a bad image in Germany about Italian team if he continues his violence, according to them...

They give Behrami as another example of Cannavaro's claimed victims in their petition...

This petition will be open to more signatures of the Lazio and Roma fans in the coming days...

http://www.ilmessaggero.it/view.php?data=20060427&ediz=01_NAZIONALE&npag=34&file=A.xml&type=STANDARD
I'll sign one if they make one for Materrazzi.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
back to canna.

who cares about lazio, they dont even provide the backbone for the national squad, just oddo.

as for this Mudingayi who got snapped! boo hoo you just cant mess with king canna these days, afterall he did appologise soon after, who does the country care more for wen it comes to the national team?

Mudingayi? or cannavaro?

hmmmmmmmmm CANNAVARO! im sre lazio can easily find a replacement for Mudingayi at the local Neo nazi members club.

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
Matteo.. said:
In all fairness though, is it smart to let a Juventino captain Italy during the WC?
When you take into account that the two players are Cannavaro and Del Piero, its not so much of a factor is it. :smile:

Hennes

Sep 3, 2004
Lippi has already said that as long as he is the coach Cannavaro will be the captain coz he is "a wonderful guy, a great captain, a great player, the best image of Italian football ever" and that he sees no reason at all why he should lose the captaincy...
So, this discussion is pretty useless (apart from the fact that you can't say often enough how ridiculous the Lazio and Inter fans (who started a petiton themselves because of the way Cannavaro left Inter - see Moggi) are... :D

Jul 12, 2002
Maresca said:
hmm, what is your point??
Probably that Juve is not in so great of a position at the moment, and having a Juventus player as captain might show Italy in somewhat lesser light. I think it's pointless, because if they don't get their act together, they'll be dumped out of the group stage and no one will care who the captain is.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)