Angelo Ogbonna (2 Viewers)

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
Feels good man. :D

'From the bits and pieces I've seen of him so far I've not been impressed. Admittedly it is only preseason but already he concerns me with his positional play and awareness at times. I wouldn't like to see him chucked in at the deep end in the Prem straight away as I fear that would dent his confidence.'

'Who says I'm not giving him time? In fact, that's precisely my point, give him as much time as possible to settle. Because for me, he doesn't look comfortable on the ball or out of possession yet. I'm hoping that's due to the lack of time spent here rather than his ability. But going by what I've seen so far, I've already noticed flaws to his game.'

'The weaknesses you point out are exactly the things that stick out like a sore thumb for me and I'd argue his positioning looks suspect. Caught out a few times in Southend, Charlton and now Norwich either ball watching or playing someone onside. Against much better opposition in the Prem makes me question it a little.

Hopefully it's just down to lack of settling.'

'He was caught well out of position for their 2nd goal and made no effort to get back, he was also caught flat footed and turned inside out in the first half which should have led to another goal but for their striker to miss the target.'

'He looked $#@!ing gash on Saturday.

Hopefully he'll get used to the British game quickly'

Article 'Ogbonna deal a masterpiece?' (praises Juve for selling him :lol:)
http://www.westhamonline.net/forum_flat.php?8007751|n|1|0

Seems he might start in the EL qual tonight. :tuttosport:
Damn, the guy absolutely described Ogbonna by seeing him play only once.

- - - Updated - - -

Look, when we played 12M + 3M for him few people liked. Nobody had really seen him play, but he just looked clumsy as soon as you watch him touch the ball for the first time. Had a bad feeling and indeed it was very bad business.

At that time he only played one season at Serie A, and was injured half the time. So his performance was probably very good at Serie B and they went for it.

I mean, it's a huge mistake to give 12-15M to Cairo for this guy. But he was younger, didn't play much at Serie A, potential was identified.

What bugs me is how West Ham can be so incompetent to the point of paying 11M for him after following his 2 seasons? Last season he played quite a lot for a backup, and he had some good games indeed, he showed signs of having a possibility to recover. But most of the time he was shit again.

How can you scout a player, see he's shit, a 27 yr old player, and after a shitty season, pay 11M for the guy?

Insane. I just can't believe English scouters saw quality enough on the guy.

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
Damn, the guy absolutely described Ogbonna by seeing him play only once.

- - - Updated - - -

Look, when we played 12M + 3M for him few people liked. Nobody had really seen him play, but he just looked clumsy as soon as you watch him touch the ball for the first time. Had a bad feeling and indeed it was very bad business.

At that time he only played one season at Serie A, and was injured half the time. So his performance was probably very good at Serie B and they went for it.

I mean, it's a huge mistake to give 12-15M to Cairo for this guy. But he was younger, didn't play much at Serie A, potential was identified.

What bugs me is how West Ham can be so incompetent to the point of paying 11M for him after following his 2 seasons? Last season he played quite a lot for a backup, and he had some good games indeed, he showed signs of having a possibility to recover. But most of the time he was shit again.

How can you scout a player, see he's shit, a 27 yr old player, and after a shitty season, pay 11M for the guy?

Insane. I just can't believe English scouters saw quality enough on the guy.
I can.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)