Android (16 Viewers)

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
I can't stand Huawei, I always thought that Samsung is my least favourite brand when it comes to mobile phones but apparently Huawei has taken over.
The way the Galaxy S3 degraded over time, that was terrible. Became unusable during its last days. Had it for 3-4 year I believe, but still. That combined with the bloatware, I probably won't ever buy another one. But nothing can top the shitshow that is LG.

I'm curious as to why you hate Huawei though. All I've had from them is the Nexus 6P and I loved every minute with it.

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
The way the Galaxy S3 degraded over time, that was terrible. Became unusable during its last days. Had it for 3-4 year I believe, but still. That combined with the bloatware, I probably won't ever buy another one. But nothing can top the shitshow that is LG.

I'm curious as to why you hate Huawei though. All I've had from them is the Nexus 6P and I loved every minute with it.
Same I had an S3 at some point and it just failed to work. The thing is Samsung started making good phones from the S5 and on, the ones before that are garbage

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
The beauty effect on selfies can be turned off. As for the rest, I'm not sure. Is this the P20 or the Mate 20? I saw great reviews for them.
Do you know how? Its the p20 pro.

It's a near perfect phone apart from some really obvious flaws

- - - Updated - - -

I can't stand Huawei, I always thought that Samsung is my least favourite brand when it comes to mobile phones but apparently Huawei has taken over.
Which phones are your favourite? I've gone off Samsung and I've still another two weeks to get used to this before I can exchange it.

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
anybody who can give me a quick pointer at some low budget android phone off the top of their heads?
least important feature is camera, most important is screen characteristics

brand doesn't matter
my 8yo HTC phone has started typing whatsapp messages by itself

Apr 15, 2006
Do you know how? Its the p20 pro.

It's a near perfect phone apart from some really obvious flaws

- - - Updated - - -

Which phones are your favourite? I've gone off Samsung and I've still another two weeks to get used to this before I can exchange it.
Apparently, if you touch the face it will bring up a slider menu. Set it to zero and the picture won't be changed.

- - - Updated - - -

anybody who can give me a quick pointer at some low budget android phone off the top of their heads?

brand doesn't matter
Try the OnePlus 6 or 6T if you can find it. Not really budget, but it's great value for money.

But if you really value the display, then I suggest shelling a lil extra and getting the Razer phone or the Asus ROG phone. They have a 120Hz and 90Hz display respectively, that'll make everything look buttery smooth.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015

brand doesn't matter
what is "low budget" exactly for a rich ass german dude? :boh:

below 100 euros: meizu m6
100-200: xiaomi mi a2 lite
200-300: meizu x8, xiaomi mi8 lite
300-400: meizu 16, xiaomi mi8, pocophone f1

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015

below 200 is good

not giving the smartphone jew more than that for his 10€ production cost

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
below 200 is good

not giving the smartphone jew more than that for his 10€ production cost

i'd check current amazon warehouse deals. some older models, still, crazy value for money there:
- moto g6 for 162€
- moto z play for 175€ (that has an oled screen, if you're into that. i prefer oled.)

also, this is a very good deal, best price all over europe for this phone:
https://eustock.eu/shop/okostelefon/meizu-pro-7-4-64-okostelefon-fekete-reszletek
slovakian company. dunno if they ship to germany, but 55k huf is ~170€. they are using gls as a delivery partner, and gls definitely sends packages to germany.
great phone, too. my only concern is that phone will be stuck on android 7 though.

Juve_fanatic

Second coolest member!
Apr 5, 2006
Bought this baby yesterday. Im a proud Huawei user for 3 years now, had the P8 since December 2015 and it is the best phone i have ever used. Gave it to my wife now, it is working same as the very first day i bought it and i used the shit out of it. Unbeliavable phone, and i expect nothing less from thr P20 Pro. For the first time in 7 years the top 2 phine brands are not Samsung and Apple but Samsung and another brand, namely, Huawei. And Huawei arent even selling in USA and UK.
IMG_20181210_155428.jpg
IMG_20181210_155419.jpg

Attachments

Lapa

FLY, EAGLES FLY
Sep 29, 2008
Got Samsung A6 (2018) like a month ago. Only disappointment so far has been the size, I thought it would be the same size as A3 (2017). But I can only blame myself since I was too lazy with my research before getting it. :boh:

piotrr

Мodеrator
Sep 13, 2011
Bought this baby yesterday. Im a proud Huawei user for 3 years now, had the P8 since December 2015 and it is the best phone i have ever used. Gave it to my wife now, it is working same as the very first day i bought it and i used the shit out of it. Unbeliavable phone, and i expect nothing less from thr P20 Pro. For the first time in 7 years the top 2 phine brands are not Samsung and Apple but Samsung and another brand, namely, Huawei. And Huawei arent even selling in USA and UK.
Tell me how you like it when you'll test it. :p
Had to choose a new mobile phone at work and almost everyone at the office went with iPhone :sergio: I decided to get the P20 Pro. Will be my first Huawei.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
Had to choose a new mobile phone at work and almost everyone at the office went with iPhone :sergio:I decided to get the P20 Pro. Will be my first Huawei.
good call. not worse, or better than any iphone in basically every respect: camera, battery life, build, screen to body ratio, screen resolution, whatever. huawei's only downside is the locked bootloader compared to some other droids: you're stuck with the sometimes laggy stock system. i'm also thinking about getting a huawei (mate 10 pro) as my next phone.

Last edited:

Juve_fanatic

Second coolest member!
Apr 5, 2006
Had to choose a new mobile phone at work and almost everyone at the office went with iPhone :sergio: I decided to get the P20 Pro. Will be my first Huawei.
I guarantee you will be 100% satisfied. Have no doubt about it. The first thing i have noticed in these 2 days of using this phone is that you can "feel" the 4000mAh battery. Since 8:15 am till now 3:56pm after intensively using the phone, the battery is 84%.
good call. not worse, or better than any iphone in basically every respect: camera, battery life, build, screen to body ratio, screen resolution, whatever. huawei's only downside is the locked bootloader compared to some other droids: you're stuck with the sometimes laggy stock system. i'm also thinking about getting a huawei (mate 10 pro) as my next phone.
Yes, but the prices are very, very different between iPhone and Huawei :)

IliveForJuve

Burn this club
Jan 17, 2011
Huawei is love, Huawei is life.

- - - Updated - - -

For those that had a Samsung at some point and switched to Huawei how much better was the phone quality?
I'll never regret going from Samsung to Huawei.

I find that Huawei phones age pretty well. They don't get slow af after a couple of years.

- - - Updated - - -

I learned to never buy a phone with "lite" in its name.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 16)