Android (12 Viewers)

gray

Apr 22, 2003
BTW, gray, when you shage your phone do you hear anything moving inside? WHen I shake mine I can defo hear something moving inside as I shake it, a very quiet sound but its there. Is that normal?
I think that's the vibration motor, and yep it's normal. Just stop shaking your phone, you weirdo :p

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
Congrats, Z. I'll have to wait another week for mine to be delivered. Apparently the customs department in my city as slower than a turtle. :(
Yep, it was quite fast, I ordered it on a wendesday, it was shipped on thursday and arrived to my german mailbox on friday. I only paid for further shipping on friday night, so they sent it out in monday afternoon, my gf got it on Wendesday in NL. From then I just had to wait for someone to come from the Hague to Sarajevo, so yesterday I went to the airport to pick up my phone :D

- - - Updated - - -

I think that's the vibration motor, and yep it's normal. Just stop shaking your phone, you weirdo :p
Phew, thats good. I really hope all will be good because it would be a real pain getting it fixed or replaced.

And I'll stop shaking my phone, although I was contemplating making a crude joke about the vibration motor and the phone, but I'm not a girl so I cant pull it off :D

- - - Updated - - -

BTW gray, you have cm10 on it. How good is it. Any bugs? Because I know the cm10 on my O2X was full of bugs.

Tbh the only thing I'm missing from the stock N4 rom is the quick notification toggles, although there is an app for that I have to check.

I'll definitely have to root mine though, although I'll wait for a few days, want to get everything right :D

gray

Apr 22, 2003
Phew, thats good. I really hope all will be good because it would be a real pain getting it fixed or replaced.

And I'll stop shaking my phone, although I was contemplating making a crude joke about the vibration motor and the phone, but I'm not a girl so I cant pull it off :D
Oh Z... I intentionally wrote "vibration motor" instead of 'vibrator' for your sake, but there's no getting around you!

you know I loves ya :D

BTW gray, you have cm10 on it. How good is it. Any bugs? Because I know the cm10 on my O2X was full of bugs.

Tbh the only thing I'm missing from the stock N4 rom is the quick notification toggles, although there is an app for that I have to check.

I'll definitely have to root mine though, although I'll wait for a few days, want to get everything right :D
Make sure you don't set up your phone in such a way that you get attached to it, because unlocking/rooting will wipe everything. It won't take you a few days to make sure you get everything right. It takes effort to brick a Nexus phone - they're made to be modified!

CM10 is excellent. I use the nightlies and even they're very stable. There's a whole bunch of other settings that you won't be able to live without once you get them. Just do it man!

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
Oh Z... I intentionally wrote "vibration motor" instead of 'vibrator' for your sake, but there's no getting around you!

you know I loves ya :D

Make sure you don't set up your phone in such a way that you get attached to it, because unlocking/rooting will wipe everything. It won't take you a few days to make sure you get everything right. It takes effort to brick a Nexus phone - they're made to be modified!

CM10 is excellent. I use the nightlies and even they're very stable. There's a whole bunch of other settings that you won't be able to live without once you get them. Just do it man!
Yeah, I'll probably do it this week. The setup was surprisingly easy this time, it installed all my apps automatically. No settings tho, however I can back them up when I root it :)

I loves ya as well and congrats on getting married ;)

Ali

Conditioned
Contributor
Jul 15, 2002
Yeah, I'll probably do it this week. The setup was surprisingly easy this time, it installed all my apps automatically. No settings tho, however I can back them up when I root it :)

I loves ya as well and congrats on getting married ;)
Gray got married! Congrats mate.

Apr 15, 2006
Yep, it was quite fast, I ordered it on a wendesday, it was shipped on thursday and arrived to my german mailbox on friday. I only paid for further shipping on friday night, so they sent it out in monday afternoon, my gf got it on Wendesday in NL. From then I just had to wait for someone to come from the Hague to Sarajevo, so yesterday I went to the airport to pick up my phone :D
I'm not surprised. Mine's travelling through 3 continents before reaching me. :D

And yes, CM 10.1 is great. I also suggest you try AOKP. Very similar to CM, but has a bunch of different features that may suit your liking.

Has anyone tried XBMC? Check it out & get the fusion installer :tup:
What's that?

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
I'm not surprised. Mine's travelling through 3 continents before reaching me. :D

And yes, CM 10.1 is great. I also suggest you try AOKP. Very similar to CM, but has a bunch of different features that may suit your liking.

What's that?

Yeah, I know cm10.1 is great, but it annoyed me a bit on my O2X because I had a lot of force closes, applications freezing etc, every day.

How good is it for the N4? What are the major bugs? I do really enjoy some of its features, but on the other hand now I'm working 9-6 so I really dont have the time nor patience to flash roms every few days. That was my main beef with the O2X, there were a few great custom roms but every one ahd some bugs and you had to tinker with it all the time. i guess thats whats making me wary of cm 10, i just dont have the will to tinker all the time.

Also, what are the main features of AOKP you like?

Apr 15, 2006
It's a powerful media server with some nice features.
Downloading it now. Let's see.

Yeah, I know cm10.1 is great, but it annoyed me a bit on my O2X because I had a lot of force closes, applications freezing etc, every day.

How good is it for the N4? What are the major bugs? I do really enjoy some of its features, but on the other hand now I'm working 9-6 so I really dont have the time nor patience to flash roms every few days. That was my main beef with the O2X, there were a few great custom roms but every one ahd some bugs and you had to tinker with it all the time. i guess thats whats making me wary of cm 10, i just dont have the will to tinker all the time.

Also, what are the main features of AOKP you like?
I don't know about the N4, but it runs just fine on the GNex.

There really is no major difference between the 2. I just prefer AOKP due to minor differences. Like how Nova Launcher is the default in AOKP instead of Trebuchet on CM. I also like the ROM customization options more than the CM ones, although nothing much really sets them apart. It's just my preference.

OP
JCK

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #5,337

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Power Toggles is the best app for what you are looking for.

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
    Power Toggles is the best app for what you are looking for.
    Yeah, thats exactly what I saw as well :agree:

Other than that, there's really nothing from cm10 I cant live without so I think I'll just stick to the (rooted) stock rom. I already have Nova Laucnher, bought it previously so with it I can live with the stock rom nicely. If I get bored with it in a while maybe I'll go to cm10.

Now I understand eople using apple a bit more (although i'd never buy an iphone :D ). Android has big problems with fragmentation, updates are slow, you have to wait for updates while others have already got it, then you flash a custom rom, then another one, its usually recommended you dont restore data so you have to set up everything again... and that all takes time. Apple is good in the sense that you dont really have to do much. I had to do a lot with the O2X, which is why I finally got fed up and got the N4 :)

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
    I am also always on stock. I see no need at all for other ROMs
    I think it depends how good your phone is out of the box. FOr my O2X a custom rom was absolutely neccewssary. The stock software was crap, gingerbread was extremely laggy, random reboots, freezes, slowness... not to mention the updates, it was updated to ICS only in December 2012...

However, for a phone thats good out of the box, like the N4, SIII etc, I also think a custom rom is not neccessary. It can be fun and interesting, but its not neccesaary.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 12)