Android (7 Viewers)

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
You fucker! :angry: I'm supposed to be the first one with it on this forum. Getting mine soon, hows the screen? and it it that big?
Yea, it's huge. Makes Iphones look quite small.

It feels much better in the hand than I thought it would though, when I first saw it, it looked really skinny but once you handle it, the weight and everything else is perfect. All I've done so far is sync it to my FB and Gmail. Kinda overwhelming for a first smartphone.

If you can get it, do so my man. It's sick.

SoulSiick

Schizoid Man
Oct 16, 2007
Sheik,

I tried to solve my problems on my own and don't bother you with a lot of questions but it didn't went very well and I am back here with more questions, sorry :D

I almost like everything about CM7 but there are some issues, I installed the stable version but there are a lot of errors when I connect to internet. first of all every time I open the browser it gives me an error which keeps coming but it seems it wont cause any problem. The more important issue is that, market is not working. I flashed the right Gapps and everything works except the market. It starts but wont download anything. I cleared its cache but nothing changed. I tried to update it with new market but after update it didn't even open anymore, force closed all the time ! So I wiped the ROM, flashed the ROM and gapps again, this time I checked it before restore the system data from TB to see if that's what conflicting with the app. It was the same and it didn't solve anything.

So I'm thinking about other ROMs, what do you think ? what are the best ROMs there? I like rich featured ROMs. Do you know any good one ? I was thinking about MIUI but it's kinda similiar to iOS and I don't want it to be :D

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
Sheik,

I tried to solve my problems on my own and don't bother you with a lot of questions but it didn't went very well and I am back here with more questions, sorry :D

I almost like everything about CM7 but there are some issues, I installed the stable version but there are a lot of errors when I connect to internet. first of all every time I open the browser it gives me an error which keeps coming but it seems it wont cause any problem. The more important issue is that, market is not working. I flashed the right Gapps and everything works except the market. It starts but wont download anything. I cleared its cache but nothing changed. I tried to update it with new market but after update it didn't even open anymore, force closed all the time ! So I wiped the ROM, flashed the ROM and gapps again, this time I checked it before restore the system data from TB to see if that's what conflicting with the app. It was the same and it didn't solve anything.

So I'm thinking about other ROMs, what do you think ? what are the best ROMs there? I like rich featured ROMs. Do you know any good one ? I was thinking about MIUI but it's kinda similiar to iOS and I don't want it to be :D

For us out of the loop, which phone are you talking about?

Apr 15, 2006
There are other roms similar to cyanogen. Check out Oxygen rom from the Rom manager app. miui us actually a pretty good rom. I highly recommend you look past the iOS likeness and give out a decent 1-week trial.

As for other roms, go for InsertCoin or LeeDroid roms. The later is a very high quality rom.

Edit: all roms that I mentioned are available on xda.

Kasaki

Moggi's Assistant
Jun 1, 2010
Sheik liking miui :heart:

Umm update, so im not on t-mobile and my dad is getting some company that uses t-mobile's/at&t's towers. What phone to get now?

SoulSiick

Schizoid Man
Oct 16, 2007
Results :smoke:

1- Miui was the coolest one, Still got problem with how iOS-y it is but it had a very interesting UI and almost with no problem ( it was a little slow compare to other roms and somtimes become blank for a moment), overall it was very tempting. I might try that 1 week trial to see how it goes.

2- LeeDroid was the same old htc sense, though it was great and fast but after what I saw in Miui it just looked so lame to me :D I think I need something new and different.

3- Oxygen functionally was the best. it was fast, smooth, bug free and everything was working properly. no problem with market, bluetooth or the browser and it didn't even looked much different from CM7. it was exactly what i was looking for but... not as cool as MIUI :D

Now I have to decide between Oxygen and Miui.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
Sheik liking miui :heart:

Umm update, so im not on t-mobile and my dad is getting some company that uses t-mobile's/at&t's towers. What phone to get now?
Sensation? Or do you have a different provider from your dad? My number one wish was the Iphone but Verizon's plans are too expensive so I stuck with T-Mobile.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)