Android (7 Viewers)

Boksic

May 11, 2005
Finally got an HTC Desire yesterday, seems great but it wont connect to the internet.

The mobile network just keeps saying "turning on" and doesn't do anything

Does anybody know if this is likely to be a fault with the phone or my phone company?

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

Finally got an HTC Desire yesterday, seems great but it wont connect to the internet.

The mobile network just keeps saying "turning on" and doesn't do anything

Does anybody know if this is likely to be a fault with the phone or my phone company?
Are you talking about connecting to a wireless network or connecting to your 3G mobile network? If the former than make sure you've entered the WEP/WPA key properly. If the latter you need to set the APN manually or you need to contact your operator and have them send you the 3G configuration files by message, which you proceed to install on the phone, at least that's how it works in my country..either way call your operator.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
Are you talking about connecting to a wireless network or connecting to your 3G mobile network? If the former than make sure you've entered the WEP/WPA key properly. If the latter you need to set the APN manually or you need to contact your operator and have them send you the 3G configuration files by message, which you proceed to install on the phone, at least that's how it works in my country..either way call your operator.
Connecting to my 3g mobile network.

I have all the correct settings for my provider, but the mobile network box on the phone just keeps saying "turning on"

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

Connecting to my 3g mobile network.

I have all the correct settings for my provider, but the mobile network box on the phone just keeps saying "turning on"
Weird. Try reseting the phone. If that doesn't work, try restoring the factory settings and again entering the APN information. If that doesn't work and you're sure the info you entered is correct, than take it back.

Still call your provider, maybe they're having some network issues or something.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
Weird. Try reseting the phone. If that doesn't work, try restoring the factory settings and again entering the APN information. If that doesn't work and you're sure the info you entered is correct, than take it back.

Still call your provider, maybe they're having some network issues or something.
:tup:

I'll give it a go

Apr 15, 2006
Maybe we should move to Android-thread, but the size of Desire HD is scaring me a bit :p
Yeah, I felt the DHD and Samsung Galaxy S were too big for me. The HTC Desire felt good enough. I'm not completely sure, but the Desire Z is not as big as the DHD, and should be big enough for you. I suggest you go to a retail store and have a hands on with the phone to get a better feel of it.

Apr 15, 2006
I would definitely suggest the HTC phones. Their custom-made HTC Sense interface is awesome, and the DHD and Desire Z have some pretty cool features. They're definitely better than the SGS in both hardware(except the touchscreen. SGS has the better touchscreen) and software.

I'm using the HTC Desire.

Fake Melo

Ghost Division
Sep 3, 2010
I would definitely suggest the HTC phones. Their custom-made HTC Sense interface is awesome, and the DHD and Desire Z have some pretty cool features. They're definitely better than the SGS in both hardware(except the touchscreen. SGS has the better touchscreen) and software.

I'm using the HTC Desire.

Thanks bro, thinking of hitting the store soon. Checking out the phones, if the Desire Z keypad isn't good enough, I'll go for D HD.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)