Android (36 Viewers)

Apr 15, 2006
This is what GSM Arena has to say about the keyboard on the DZ:

The brilliant keyboard has great ergonomics, well spaced buttons with excellent press. The four-row layout is of great help here: the keys are big enough to handle comfortably. Two Function keys and two Shift buttons (one under each thumb) are more than welcome. There are even two user-configurable keys. The top, which accommodates numbers too (no numpad layout here) is very easy to access, with more than enough headroom.

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
JCK

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #1,502
    Sheik, my phone is behaving extremely weird.

First I started getting one FC after the other, I restarted but it refuses to start and I get

uids on the system are inconsistent, you need to wipe your data partition or your device will be unstable

I saw someone say that I should fix the permissions and it can be done via adb using

adb shell fix_permissions

So I executed, the phone started to factory setting but I can't get a home screen and the fix_permissions is still running and getting tons of errors.

Apr 15, 2006
    Doesn't look good bro. Restart the phone into recovery and run teh fix permissions command again. It usually takes like 5-10 mins to fix all permissions. If that doesn't work, you'll need to wipe and install a ROM again.

OP
    JCK

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #1,506
    Sheik, can you find me a ROM?

32A
    Radio 6.35
    AmonRA recovery

I would like a stock FroYo.

Apr 15, 2006
    The Android Market has a good amount of free apps and paid apps too. If a country has paid apps, it'll have free apps too.

The Nexus S is a good phone too. But it has the stock Android interface, and not all people like that. It's up to you to test it and see if you like it.

OP
    JCK

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #1,519
    Sheik, I noticed something strange.

I wiped everything and re-flashed, it got me to factory settings. Then all of a suddent I got all my apps back and the phone said blabla apps restored successfully.

Why is that?

Apr 15, 2006
    Sheik, I noticed something strange.

I wiped everything and re-flashed, it got me to factory settings. Then all of a suddent I got all my apps back and the phone said blabla apps restored successfully.

Why is that?
    Starting from 2.2, Google backs up the apps that you install, so that when you log into a new phone using your Google account, it syncs all the apps back into the phone. Quite a nifty feature. The only reason I don't use it is cos it doesn't backup the application data. This is something that Titanium Backup\MyBackup Pro does.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 36)