Android (6 Viewers)

OP
JCK

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #43
    Hm. Can't you just find the app online and install it? As in bypass the whole "store" infrastructure?
    Only if the developer has added the app online. Usually most developers upload the apps strictly on Android Market.

.zero

★ ★ ★
    Aug 8, 2006
    hey jack i got my Magic today. any app/widget suggestions? also can you point me to some sights for some android or magic specific wallpapers?

Omair

Herticity
    Sep 27, 2006
    hey jack i got my Magic today. any app/widget suggestions? also can you point me to some sights for some android or magic specific wallpapers?
    Dru,

Locale is a must, Shazam, fotmob, aknotepad, world tour .. those are the essentials :D
    World tour changes your wallpaper to some live webcams from various places on earth .. you can select your update frequency :)

OP
    JCK

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #46
    There are actually tons of wallpaper applications, just do a wallpaper search in the market.

ChompSMS and Phonebook are much better than the default applications. Meridian is a kick ass music player.
    ASTRO is a good file browser.
    TasKiller is essential
    Meebo is agood IM client

If you don't want to use 3G all the time you need APNdroid

That'll do you well for starters.

.zero

★ ★ ★
    Aug 8, 2006
    ok thx guys

i currently have:
    chompsms
    taskiller
    google voice
    soccer livescores
    juventus
    quick uninstaller
    sticky memo widget
    opera

OP
    JCK

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #50
    I think the default browser is better than Opera.

Omair thank you for the feedback, I thought I had a problem with my device.

.zero

★ ★ ★
    Aug 8, 2006
    how many widgets do you guys have running at one time? i found that 2 widgets (weather channel and batteryinfo) dramatically slow down my device

OP
    JCK

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #53
    FINALLY!

Medieval Software have released an app called Bluetooth File Transfer and as its name says it transfers files over bluetooth, something the Android OS cannot do by default. Tested both sending and receiving and they work as they should.

Apr 15, 2006
    I use an app called Toggle Settings to turn on\off a lot of settings as well as close running apps. Works really well.

I still can't believe there's no answering machine type app for Android.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)